Official Ginnie Springs Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I missed the campfire experience....after an hour in the ballroom I spent another 40 minutes searching the basin for another diver's lost prescription mask, which we never found. Bad weekend for masks, good weekend for everything else!!! :)

I should note that while we all thought that the snakes were Cottonmouths, I did a bit of looking on the net today.
I have determined that all of the snakes that I saw (The ones I got pics of) were simple Brown Water Snakes, or Nerodia taxispilota.

I think that is nice to know...

I should note that while we all thought that the snakes were Cottonmouths, I did a bit of looking on the net today.
I have determined that all of the snakes that I saw (The ones I got pics of) were simple Brown Water Snakes, or Nerodia taxispilota.

Ya , VERY good to know. (phew)

Btw: I appreciate the side-mount comments earlier. If I wasn't so tired right now , I might be able to come up with something er , funny.

I WILL put the words to "Don't Step on my Old Blue Fins" out here soon :D

WONDERFUL MEGA-DIVE !!!!!
AWESOME , simply AWESOME

However , I still walk with a slight dip in my er , uh ... (rear).
Must have been ALL that weight Saturday night. (EEK) :11:

I LOVE YA ALL !!!

Jean

I have to say this was an amazing weekend for not only for me but my boy's we had such a great time. You could not have asked for a better bunch of people to go camping with. Tyler as you can see had a great time singing to everyone. And I guess it is out of the bag thanks to him that I do listen to country music.:rofl3:
The food was amazing thank you Roxanne:10:
Cardzard (Dennis) Thank you for spending so much time with the boys and being top side support for my son Denis while he freedove to see the Devils Eye and Ear. That is all he has been talking about all day to everyone who will listen to him.

I would like to give a BIG thank you to Roxanne and Jenny for helping me. I am claustrophic and I did not think I would be able to enter the Ballroom. But 6:30am came around Sat morning and they rolled me out of bed to go diving it was ( Dennis, Roxanne, Jenny and Toby). I not only had I never been in a confined place I had never dove fresh water before. But the two of them made me feel safe they stayed with me the whole time. It was baby steps to enter at first and yes I backed out 2 or 3 times because just having something over my head just scared me to no end. They spent alot of time with me and I was able to overcome my fears that morning. It was (I have no words to explain it but amazing) to be able to enter and see what the inside looked like. Dennis and Toby waited for us to see if they needed help which I thought was just awesome to know I had not only Roxanne and Jenny but them as well just in case.
When the night dive came I was ready:D they both ( Roxanne and Jenny) stayed with me the whole time. Though I never made it all the way down to the grate part I did make it to the rope and was able to see the wonderful stars and lights that night. I know now that everyone there was watching us to make sure that they did not need assistance and I thank you so much.
I had the two best dive buddys this weekend in the whole world. :angel2::angel2:

Thank you Dawn for watching the boy's so that I could go diving :10:

It was a true pleasure camping with everyone this weekend.

Becky

Becky- Thank YOU for allowing me the opportunity to be support so you could see the galaxy dive show. I am honored and humbled that you trusted me and Rox that much. For those that were not there, this was NOT a trust me dive. Becky faced her fears head on and we were there to watch and assist in the event. Kudos to Becky for challenging herself!
Kudos to Roxanne who was even more patient with Becky than I. And if that wasn't enough, she was there to get the troops going for Sat. dinner, and Sun Brekky. Oh, and I almost forgot. You were there to help Hermit Crab when she burned her hand. (Shall we count child injuries?? :D :D ). I did not see anything, and thought she was just being a princess, yet you saw the burn and played nurse to her. Hugs to ya!

Ya , VERY good to know. (phew)

Btw: I appreciate the side-mount comments earlier. If I wasn't so tired right now , I might be able to come up with something er , funny.

I WILL put the words to "Don't Step on my Old Blue Fins" out here soon :D

WONDERFUL MEGA-DIVE !!!!!
AWESOME , simply AWESOME

However , I still walk with a slight dip in my er , uh ... (rear).
Must have been ALL that weight Saturday night. (EEK) :11:

I LOVE YA ALL !!!

Jean

I think this one is a water mocasin. It had the spade head which means venomous. It was right next to the swimmers at Manatee.

Manatee Springs-Water Moccasin - This water moccasin was sunning a few feet from the swimmers in the head spring. Cave Diver's Forum Photo Gallery @ http://www.cavediver.net/forum/gallery

Hey Ed, thats a brown water snake. I mistook one and labelled(a pic from Ginnie Springs) it as a mocasin as well, and was corrected here on ScubaBoard a couple years ago.

Check out the banding and body length vs girth.

http://www.southalley.com/dsnakes/nerodia_shkvo.JPG

^ Brown Water snake

http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snakes/images/stayaway1.jpg

^ Mocasin

http://www.suprbugman.com/albums/album33/Picture_133.jpg

^ My Brown Water snake picture

They are non-poisoinous, but aggressive still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom