Official Ginnie Springs Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• IMG_0120s.jpg
    IMG_0120s.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0125s.jpg
    IMG_0125s.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 94
All that I can say is that this was one of the most successfull MegaDives yet. We had so many people there on Saturday that we were starting to stretch the capacity of the area that we were located in.

I met Jean at Ginnie on Thursday afternoon, and we got in 2 cave dives. We then topped the day off with a cavern dive with Marchand, getting out of the water somewhere around 10 PM. I slept at Jean's place that night. The next morning, her landlord let me borrow a set of LP95's to try out, as he was interested in my HP100's, and I have not been too happy with the way that they trim out on me.

Jean and I met up with someone wanting to do some cave diving at Ginnie, and did an enjoyable dive with her. Then I got in another cavern dive with JahJah in the Ballroom. Saturday the Halcyon people had a tent set up, and I got to try out their Evolve donut doubles wings. We had a big meal Saturday evening, and then did a galaxy dive. During this dive, Jean stole all of my reels, BrewoneOto's reel, and my spare mask. I am beginning to think that she is a klepto.

The campfire get-together was an absolute blast. We had guitar, karaoke, and hula dancing exhibitions. Use your imagination, and multiply that by a factor of 3, and you should have an idea of just what went on that night.

The rain chased us to bed around 2:30 AM, and continued through the night. It finally cleared up around 10 AM, and the sun came out. At about the same time, Jean's landlord showed up to do a cave dive, and so now I am now the proud owner of a set of LP95's, and he is the proud owner of a set of HP100's.

Roxanne did a great job handling the cooking Saturday afternoon, and is owed many thanks for that. Between Ken (DeepSeaWolf) and Roxanne, the omelet cooking was taken care of both mornings. Dennis (cardzard) organized the galaxy dive.

I continue to be amazed at the great people that I meet at SB events. Everyone just pitches in and helps everyone else, watches each other's childen so that everyone can dive, and just generally has a great time together. Thanks to all of you, the MegaDive seems to get bigger and better each time.

Did anyone find an extra Halcyon mask? I must have dropped it getting the tanks out of the truck after the galaxy dive last night.

Had a great time meeting everyone!

Awesome pics and video! Was someone sidemount in the ballroom? LOL!

It was very nice to meet you all, even if it was for a few short minutes. Sorry I had to split, my friends were waiting on me in the car. They had no idea why I wanted to go free dive the springs and not float the river on a tub! If only they knew!

I look forward to being at the next MegaDive. I'm sorry existing plans got in the way this time, but it should be great in the fall!

Danny

Had a great time this weekend meeting everyone! Thanks for making a long time lurker feel welcome! Looking forward to the fall already.

Danny

That was Jean - the singing machine! Make sure you do not step on her old blue fins!! (inside joke, had to be there Saturday night to get it)

Sidemounting while wearing blue fins. Violation of scuba statute 1056.9(a), I called the scuba police to report this :D

Looks like everyone had a blast, I wish I could have made it :( Stayed dry all weekend.

Hoping to make the Fall Megadive!

Had a great time this weekend meeting everyone! Thanks for making a long time lurker feel welcome! Looking forward to the fall already.

That was Jean - the singing machine! Make sure you do not step on her old blue fins!! (inside joke, had to be there Saturday night to get it)

Glad we finally pulled the lurker out! Glad you had a good time! Now, where's the rum?? :D

I'm glad I came. It was good seeing eveyone. I had a great time and the kids did too. Thanks for everyone who showed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom