Off Topic birth control pills question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best thing I ever did!!!
I feel better than I have in a while. Look better too! I should've never went on the pill. I know why the pill is 99% effective birth control.......cause it's 99% you won't want sex! :wink:

Hey I have a question.. I have been on the pill for two and a half years and my husband and I decided that we were wanting another baby so I stopped taking it exactly 6 days ago. Does anyone have any opinion on the side effects of quitting birth control. I have been having the WORST headaches I have ever had im my life almost unbarable. If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know. Is this unusual?

hjordan once bubbled...
Hey I have a question.. I have been on the pill for two and a half years and my husband and I decided that we were wanting another baby so I stopped taking it exactly 6 days ago. Does anyone have any opinion on the side effects of quitting birth control. I have been having the WORST headaches I have ever had im my life almost unbarable. If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know. Is this unusual?

Hi,

Most people have headaches when while they are on the pill, but I've heard in rare cases that in people that have migraines (which you may not have), the pill can help alleviate. I suffer from migraines, myself, quite frequently. First and foremost, I would call your doctor and get evaluated. Feel free to PM me, if you would like. Did you ever have such headaches before you went on BC pills?

I took Ortho Trycyclen for 2 years and just switched over to Ortho Evra last month. I had no problems with Ortho Trycyclen, but I decided to try the patch for convenience sake.

It's pretty handy compared to the pill -- put a new patch on every Sunday for 3 weeks, then leave it off for a week for your period. It stays on pretty well, though by the end of the week and after several workouts, it gets kinda dishevelled and gross looking (like an old band-aid!). I'm going on a 3 week dive trip in August, and I'm afraid it won't hold up during all that time in the water.

As far as side effects -- my doctor said not to expect any unusual ones because the hormones are almost identical to those in Ortho Trycyclen, but I have noticed a few strange things. My hair seems to be falling out in abnormal quantities when I'm in the shower, and I've been feeling kinda depressed ever since I started on it. My mom experienced deep depression on the pill when she tried taking it years ago, so I'm wondering if this could be happening to me. Anyone ever experienced this? For these 2 reasons alone, I'm probably going to switch back to Trycylen.

It seems that every birth control has vastly different effects on people. Ortho Evra could be a good choice for a lot of people!

Katherine

KMarieS23 once bubbled...
<snip>It's pretty handy compared to the pill -- put a new patch on every Sunday for 3 weeks, then leave it off for a week for your period. It stays on pretty well, though by the end of the week and after several workouts, it gets kinda dishevelled and gross looking (like an old band-aid!). I'm going on a 3 week dive trip in August, and I'm afraid it won't hold up during all that time in the water. <snip>

Don't know if it would be appropriate in your situation.....but on a live aboard I was on, in order to keep their sea sick patches on, folks put a piece of duct tape over the patch....it stayed on for the amount of time they needed it.

Peace,
Cathie

new to forum. hopefully this is going into the birth control thread...

best birth control - get your tubes tied. Reversible (I've heard). Otherwise, why mess with your body? Let your guy wear a condom. If he refuses to wear a condom, you refuse sex.

hjordan once bubbled...

hjordan - many types of the pill, injections and patches are actually designed to reduce your blood pressure. It could be that since coming off your blood pressure has risen to the point where they are causing really painful headaches. I have high b.p and am on beater blockers to try and reduce it as I suffered from headaches which made me curl in a dark corner and cry for 24 hrs till it eased off!

Get yourself an appointment with your doctor and make sure he/she checks your b/p. If you headaches are really painful and it feels like pressure in your temples it could be your bp!

As a nurse and a former salesMAN of oral contraceptives I feel I have some knowledge of their use.

There has never been a study to show that taking oral contraceptives increases weight or makes patients loose weight-the latter would be a marketing trimuph.

There is no such thing as "the pill". Oral Contraceptives(O.C.s) vary in their strenth of estrogen and progesterone.

Ortho tends to have higher estrogen in their pills and they also have about 21-25% of the U.S. market share. Therefore most women get an Ortho pill and many have problems with the estrogen levels.

Depo makes most women sick. But for those who have painful or heavy periods(like my sister did) it is a godsend. Once the endometrial lining is thinned it is great for those patients who can tolerate it.

Take the lowest estrogen amount possible with the progesterone you tolerate best.

buff once bubbled...
Depo makes most women sick. But for those who have painful or heavy periods(like my sister did) it is a godsend. Once the endometrial lining is thinned it is great for those patients who can tolerate it.

I have been on depo for nearly 2 years - all the other oral pills made me violently sick and terrible nausea. Depo has been a godsend to me and everyone I have suggested it to.

I did a lot of looking round the web checking the side effects of depo. I heard quite a few reports of people bleeding constantly after the first jab and reduced chances of getting pregnant for the first year after you come off it but very few reports of it causing sickness.

Maybe I missed those pages, but it has been the best thing I have ever done! I suffered with heavy and very very painful periods, now I spot bleed a couple of times between the jabs (normally towards the end) but no cramps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom