Off Topic birth control pills question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissAmberDiva:
Has anyone on B.C. pills experienced weight gain and did the weight drop off when you stopped them?
I recently quit taking them. They are horrible!:(
I hated taking them and I have retention and weight gain and just wondered if the added weight would go away quickly or am I going to have to add more to my already strenuous workouts??!?!

Amber,
my girlfriend has been on depo for the past 7 years, she is now 28, she couldn't take the pill. Now we are told depo has been rated "black box' by the FDA which is the highest rating it gives a drug before it is recalled off the shelves. Depo seems to drain all the calcium out of your bones with significant percentage increases every year. oddly enough we just found this out after she broke her wrist from simply catching herself up off the ground after a little jogging stumble.
You water retention is normal, after all your body thinks it is pregnant when on the bill. Avoid excess salty foods, drink more water(sounds odd), lower carbs (not no carbs)and more protein and you will find yourself using the rest room more often and less bloated. You can also ask your doc about other bc choices.
good luck!

They are trying to make pills for guys now, but they also need testosterone injections.
and they have vasectomy like silicon plugs, that can be injected then later dissolved if he wants, with a solvent. and condoms. If guys has more options I don't think they'd use them. the pharmaceutical companies said one of the major things that set everything back is that they don't think guys would use say pills or whatever. and could you really trust them to do it anyways?

Everyone seems to forget that a lot of female contracpetion has heavy side effects.
I have tried everything but norplant, and have had such side effects!!! stuff that took months out of my life, and depo-provera has taken 9 years so far, I was on it for almost 7 years, and I am still sick with something it caused. (it's terrible, destroyed my life)

depo-provera, cervical cap, sponge, condoms, Oves cap, Femcap, Copper IUD (my god, oh, god) and now going on to pills. arg.

one4scuba:
Same goes for women in the U.S. who have another child so she can collect a greater welfare check, AND collect from the father.

In the UK there is a great organization of men who are fighting against the woman controlled government that denies men the rights to rear their children and denies them equal rights. It is called Fathers for Justice. It might make good reading for you.

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

In the meantime, since someone else raised gender politics, I will wait for someone to make a coherent argument on why men should have equal responsbility if they have no reproductive rights and no choice even though it affects mens bodies for 18 years.

I'm not saying that it's good to do but with the lack of jobs around here it seems to be the only way to prevent starving to death. to have a ton of kids.

one4scuba:
Same goes for women in the U.S. who have another child so she can collect a greater welfare check, AND collect from the father.

In the UK there is a great organization of men who are fighting against the woman controlled government that denies men the rights to rear their children and denies them equal rights. It is called Fathers for Justice. It might make good reading for you.

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

In the meantime, since someone else raised gender politics, I will wait for someone to make a coherent argument on why men should have equal responsbility if they have no reproductive rights and no choice even though it affects mens bodies for 18 years.

How does it affect men's bodies in the slightest? does it put their health at risk? cause hormonal problems, high blood preassure, hair falling out? bleeding gums? pain? does a guy have the kid? legs swell? does the guy get stitches? bladder problems? Bleeding? stretch marks??? Most people I know, the female takes care of the kid, has no money barely gets by, and the guy goes off and does what he wants, has a job, does fine and never pays a cent.

There has already been one request from a Mod about this thread heading down the slipperly slope, so I will add this one:

If this thread does not cool down & return to the original topic, it will be closed.

Thanks you for your co-operation.

Has anyone taken Sprintec? My OBGYN just gave it to me. She says if I take it daily and no more periods.

Lisa:
Do you ever stop and get your period? My MD said stop after 6 months for one week, and then go for another 6 months.

Yeah, about every 6 months. I have to go thru this type of "therapy" due to my endo, it really does take care of it. I always had heavy periods - I think they are heavier and longer now (last one was 12 days), but not having it for 6 months straight is bliss. I do note a weight gain and when I go in for my bi-annual I'm gonna talk to the doc about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom