Of bungee mounts and bayonet rings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking more along the lines of knocking the pins out (leaving them behind) and then adding small rings, or zip tied loops through the actual cast pin holes and then putting bungee through that. I just got the Icon and have yet to dive it in O/W. But am concerned about losing the freaking thing if the band busts or a pin breaks. What you say about your experience with watch band style is at least encouraging. My other computer is console mounted so this is my first wrist mount.

I was thinking more along the lines of knocking the pins out (leaving them behind) and then adding small rings, or zip tied loops through the actual cast pin holes and then putting bungee through that. I just got the Icon and have yet to dive it in O/W. But am concerned about losing the freaking thing if the band busts or a pin breaks. What you say about your experience with watch band style is at least encouraging. My other computer is console mounted so this is my first wrist mount.
Seems kind of silly to spend $900-$1,000 on a dive computer and then have to DIY-mod wrist-attachment with zipties/rings/etc. The color screen on that computer looks fantastic BTW!

Perhaps you should contact Mares about this issue. Maybe they'd be open to developing a bungee mount for that expensive computer.

Last edited:
I've already been in contact with Mares, about a mount. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid after reading about some people having the wrist band breaking on other watch style computers. And yes the display is amazing, very easy to see and very intuitive to understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom