Odd drysuit leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoehorn!

Registered
Reaction score
My Andy's drysuit shell has a leak where no seals are. When I get done with a dive my left side below the waist is soaked. There are no seals or seams here, so I can only assume its coming from somewhere around the waist.

Living in Hawaii there isn't any places I know of that do drysuit repair, so I have to send it out. Can anyone recommend a good place to send it off to to get the seals repaired? Any idea on the cost and turnaround time on something like that?

Could be a pinhole. Have you tried blocking the wrists and neck and inflating it then soaking with soapy water?

What Burna said you could solve your problem with a dab of aquaseal

I had a pinhole in the fabric of my suit nowhere near a seam. To find it I used my dive light in a dark room and shone it through the suit, to confirm I had the right spot I turned that part of the suit inside out, formed a little pouch and poured some water in. I then used plumbers goop to patch it because the LDS had no Aquaseal. Sixty dives later the Goop is still holding.

Overinflate and hop in the pool - look for bubbles.

if you decide to send it somewhere, steve gamble in florida is 'da man' for drysuits.

but, yeah, try the things above to find the problem yourself. there's also a great thread on the dive matrix about how to find little drysuit leaks - give that a read, too.

if you decide to send it somewhere, steve gamble in florida is 'da man' for drysuits.

but, yeah, try the things above to find the problem yourself. there's also a great thread on the dive matrix about how to find little drysuit leaks - give that a read, too.

Steve is da man! :thumb:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I will try searching for a small hole myself before sending it anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom