Odd Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUOTE=sam miller]Interesting that the history of only a few years-- 44 almost 45 --1962 to present has been forgotten or lost forever..

[Not really. How many other 45 year old municipal ordiances do people who were not around at the time know the history of, or care about?]

When was the ordiance passed?
[You just indicated yourself, 1962]

Why was it passed?
[To harass divers or for safety purposes, take your pick.]

Who was responsible for it?
[This may be a trick question, but I'll bite, the Laguna Beach City Council?]

All these instructors who speak with such great authority on so many subjects -
speak up!

[Why? Do you think they really know something and are just refusing to tell you? ]

If you really want to know something about the history of the ordinance, try contacting the Laguna Beach City Hall. There may be someone there who can help you.

sdm[/QUOTE]

SCJOE,

Appreciate your candor.

I have a long term vested interest in the Laguna Beach Ordiance and the attitude of the current group of "divers" towards it..

Thanks for your response,

sdm

As far as a 'normal' recreational diver goes, I rather like the ordinance being in place. There are many times when an unexperienced divers have benefited from having buddies there. I have been present or observed such a situation more than a few times.

Where things start to get grey is someone experienced that has a redundant air source with him.

Either way, most everyone in OC is educated about the law. If you choose to risk the ticket, you had it coming. :)

i remember one time diving years ago in a group of three, and the other two "lost" me for a minute - right when i got really stuck in a ton of kelp. i didn't have many dives under my belt so it spooked me a little bit. i was struggling to cut out, but luckily vis was good and one of them looked across and spotted me from about 40 ft away and came over to help.

Glad to see another Vietnamese diver here :)
I have been an odd buddy for a long time!!!
Andy

I usually only dive at night in Laguna for Lobster. I dive with my brother and my friend but we kinda just enter the water together then leave the water when we suck our tanks dry.

For the last 2 years, I pretty much always dive in a group of three (two friends of mine).... I usually lead the group and I'm very conscious of where the other two are at all times....

There's a little more involved with keeping track of 2 divers instead of the one, but it's always reassuring that if I lose one diver, I still have another to enjoy the rest of the dive with...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom