Odd Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BioNerd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
just a quick and rookie question but can one person have two buddies during a dive. I know laguna will ticket you if you dont have a buddy but what if you have two buddies. Is that ok or does there need to be an even number of people everytime? thanks
kiet

BioNerd:
just a quick and rookie question but can one person have two buddies during a dive. I know laguna will ticket you if you dont have a buddy but what if you have two buddies. Is that ok or does there need to be an even number of people everytime? thanks
kiet
Hi Kiet,

Good question!

There is nothing wrong with diving in a team of 3.

Having 3 on a team can be preferred if everyone has a high level of awareness underwater. Without having a high level of awareness, 3 people underwater can be more difficult to manage.

Christian

BioNerd:
kiet
OK... I just got a REEEEALLLY funny visual image of about 9 divers, moving across the sand, en masse towards the water, and being stopped by the Laguna Snorkle police.

SP: "Do you all have buddies, here?"

MASSE, droning in unison: "We are ALL buddies in Neptune's eyes".

SP: "No, I mean in pairs and triplets. So you can buddy-snorkle in case someone loses a snorkle in this crushing 2 foot surf."

MASSE, droning in tighter unison: "We are ALL buddies in Neptune's eyes".

SP: "Well... OK... ya'll just stay together now, ya hear??!?"

Thankfully, I've never heard of the beach constabulary ever challenging the number of buddies on a team... as long as it's at least 2.
There are valid reasons to limit teams to 2 or 3 people, but that's a whole 'nother discussion :D .

Dive joyfully,
Claudette

I dive with odd buddies all the time. Even when there's only two of us.

Actually we had 5 divers this morning. We did get stopped on the way down; luckily I had my 3 man team specialty card so she let us go.

This is thread about odd buddies and I see a couple of them have already replied.

Jim

Josh and I are so odd we posted the same joke (more or less) at the same time.

Yeah, no odd ones here...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom