octopus connetion to bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't able to find the holder that worked for me. None that I tried ever held the octo thru a stride (fall) into the water at the flower gardens. It was always fix the mask, find the octo and stop the freeflow (even detuning didn't cure it completely). I'm usually the DIR poster child for how not to do things, but the bungeed necklace is really a great idea. It is at the top of the triangle and, if properly configured, it can be easily donated to an OOA diver. But you ought to be ready for that diver to grab your primary anyway.

I have the mares octo and what I did is put 2 plastic tie wraps around the end of the holder that comes with the octo and the D ring right below my right shoulder strap then I just pass the hose under my arm and thats it, very secure and inexpensive and the octo is located where is recommended (not DIR) chin/ribcages

Your jab at DIR fails with the word "team". This isn't a team.

jeffsterinsf once bubbled...
Pre-flame fire retardant:
One of the basic tenents of the DIR movement, as I understand it, is that all members of the team know exactly where and how assistance will occur. That assumed, diving with a bunch of recreational divers, trained in conventional methods, argues to some extent for supporting conventional air-sharing technique.

The key is that the octo be
(a) clearly visible
(b) easily removable
(c) kept clean
(d) not free flow

(d) should be the case if the reg is properly adjusted, and better yet, not hung "upside down"

I like the ScubaPro "Mouthpiece Plug-Octopus Retainer" because it tends to hang the octo faceplate out rather than down. Goes around the neck of the mouthpiece and a questionably-useful plug can be inserted into the bore. About $5

http://www.scubastore.com/producte....tipo=REGULATORS&subtipo=, spare parts&desde=1

I found that the best way is to make a necklace out of surigical tubing and attach the octo, I have tried different methods but necklace is the best because your buddy can see it, and if you ever get yours torn off because of current or frantic out of air buddy you have your back up right there:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom