October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I'm looking to plan a SUPER last minute trip, and am considering heading to playa del carmen / cozumel for 5-6 days. I've only done my PADI open water 2 years ago (4 dives, so I'll want a refresher), and would be looking for something easy.

(target dates: october 11th - 17th)

A few questions:

1. It sounds like this is a risky month for weather - what are your thoughts on trying it?
2. How busy is this area at this time of year? I'm 35, and will be traveling solo, and don't want to be terribly bored/lonely when not diving.

If people from this board are going it would be cool to meet up.

Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm looking to plan a SUPER last minute trip, and am considering heading to playa del carmen / cozumel for 5-6 days. I've only done my PADI open water 2 years ago (4 dives, so I'll want a refresher), and would be looking for something easy.

A few questions:

1. It sounds like this is a risky month for weather - what are your thoughts on trying it?
2. How busy is this area at this time of year? I'm 35, and will be traveling solo, and don't want to be terribly bored/lonely when not diving.

Weather is generally good enough in October. Just hire a private DM for the first 2-tank trip or two. If you go to Coz, there will be a lot of discussion of others going - on this thread I think?

Jay and Cheryl, October 25-Nov 23, Casa Mexicana and Cozumel Palace, Tres Pelicanos
K and J diving with Jay and Cheryl Oct.31- Nov.8 Casa Mexicana and Tres Pelicanos

Sunday afternoon plan is watching the Seahawks game at Woody's! If you're not diving today, head downtown and join us :) Noon.

Hi all,

A few questions:

All I can say is that in 11 years of diving Cozumel the weather has never been better. Nice sunny days about 88 degrees and lower humidity than usual. I always smile when people get worried about 80% chance of rain. Was supposed to be an 80% chance today and couldn't be nicer. 4 Great days of diving with Aldora. Water temps 88 degrees on top and 86 degrees at over 100 feet. I think about 120 ft visability. Great vacation thus far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Will be in Cozumel, this Sunday the 18th and will dive the next 10 days before heading to Cancun for a few dives before heading back to the States!

I would tell you what Dive Ops and where I'm staying, but then I would have to turn off your air at depth!

Evil smile!

Just look for the diver covered in all dive tattoos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom