October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that fussing over the weather forecast is a futile waste of energy, but holy cr@p, the next several days look like torrential rains. Crossing my fingers that this will not be a sweat pants and board game vacation.

Yea, I've been watching it. Forecast has been changing..was going to taper off Saturday into Sunday. Now Monday looks like a wet day too. Can't tell on the forecast on my phone but is there wind as well, i.e. how's the diving? I don't mind wet so much :)

I know that fussing over the weather forecast is a futile waste of energy, but holy cr@p, the next several days look like torrential rains. Crossing my fingers that this will not be a sweat pants and board game vacation.

I checked for you. They will continue to serve drinks during the rain....

Sorry guys... We called it, and are headed home. Someone else will need to organize the dinner at El Moro . We tried to power thru, but this rain has been relentless. After seeing the forecast, and the port closed we figure we'll save the vaca days for another time. Now that we're leaving, the weather and diving should be awesome for you! LOL Enjoy

Sorry guys... We called it, and are headed home. Someone else will need to organize the dinner at El Moro . We tried to power thru, but this rain has been relentless. After seeing the forecast, and the port closed we figure we'll save the vaca days for another time. Now that we're leaving, the weather and diving should be awesome for you! LOL Enjoy
Weather does happen. Sorry for your loss, but I do understand. Some like to say "You're going to get wet anyway," but I hate cold boat rides, rain pelting your face, then walking thru mud & puddles, and later hanging up gear that never dries. Better luck next trip.

OMG, just saw this: Heavy rains force boas onto Cozumel streets | Riviera Maya News

Last edited:
Still don't understand the port closure today. Yes it has rained a ton, but low winds and no real wave action.

Not looking good for the home team. Weather looks terriable for the next several days. I heard from a good source that the closures are mainly due to the boats not having adequate flotation systems. It is not from the wind but from rain water flooding the boats thus causing them to sink, short version of explanation.

Port closed again today :( Thought we were going to drown last night walking to dinner! Thankfully didn't see any snakes, but made the forced knee high water crossings more inerestng. Saw a few stalled taxis up north in the river known as Melgar LOL The wind and rain storm last night was pretty impressive... Loud enough to keep me up and it pushed a few gallons of water under the door... Although it looks somewhat promising this morning, it tricked us yesterday for sure, I guess I will actualy get in that plane.... :( snif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not looking good for the home team. Weather looks terriable for the next several days. I heard from a good source that the closures are mainly due to the boats not having adequate flotation systems. It is not from the wind but from rain water flooding the boats thus causing them to sink, short version of explanation.
And rescues would be challenged in heavy rains as well. Better save than sorry. I've heard the museum is nice.

Turned out to be a beautiful day. Even got some sun. Went on an island tour and had lunch, headed to the square for music later. Museum was closed two hours early. Guard said to come back tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom