October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSo your port was open at 8am...?But your post was closed this morning? I'm confused... :confused:When? Which dock and Op did you use...?I saw this on FB. Was this today...?View attachment 218292
The port was open at 8am. We all went out and dove. While we were out there diving they announced the port was closed again. So no dives were made after the am dives.

The port was open at 8am. We all went out and dove. While we were out there diving they announced the port was closed again. So no dives were made after the am dives.

S
So your port was open at 8am...?

But your post was closed this morning? I'm confused... :confused:

When? Which dock and Op did you use...?

I saw this on FB. Was this today...?
View attachment 218292

Probably today. Heavy rain but it's not constant. Just got back from dinner. Had a nice dry walk there and back. Easily saw across to PDC during the meal with a few passing showers in between. Looks like another 1" or so predicted for tomorrow, and a lot overnight tonight.

Speculation was that the port captain was under pressure to open it today for cruise passenger activities. If that's the case, there are four ships in tomorrow vs. three today so maybe we'll see it open again.

While I'd prefer sun, the diving today was great. Good vis at Palancar and like a warn bathtub. A bit of a reverse thermocline at the exit from all the freshwater influx.

Joerunr and Kathy will be down October 21 - 28 at Casa Mexicana and diving with Living Underwater. Weather forecast says much less rain. here's hoping!

Weather Underground forecasts tomorrow to be better, the next day better yet, even better Thursday and rather dry by Friday. The Tropical Depression that fueled all of this moved across the Yucatan peninsula and broke up. That breakup may be the source of the flooding we've been warned about later this week in the Panhandle-South Plains...??

Another nice day. Some drizzle this morning, but flat seas, and even some blue through the clouds.... and the port is closed again. Yesterday was 10x worse and it was open. Go figure. We're supposed to get another decision by 10am.

It is almost 11 am and still no diving. Spent the entire morning tethered to the phone awaiting news. Skies are clearing, water has been calm all morning. I know this is a first world problem, but it is extremely aggrivating when your vacation evolves around diving, yet the reasons for canceling the dives are completly vague. Perhaps protest with signs saying "scuba lives matter!....

It is almost 11 am and still no diving. Spent the entire morning tethered to the phone awaiting news. Skies are clearing, water has been calm all morning. I know this is a first world problem, but it is extremely aggrivating when your vacation evolves around diving, yet the reasons for canceling the dives are completly vague. Perhaps protest with signs saying "scuba lives matter!....
Weather being the all poweful game changer, it's hard to predict what conditions will be like over the hours of a day. Forecasts vary a lot today. Frustrating, I know. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom