October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Oct 27 is when we are in Cozumel, 9am -5pm. Our port is Puerta Maya. It looks like Princess is also at our port and 2 others but their at a different dock. I will talk to our group and see if we can cancel and go w Dive w Martin since their closes to our port. Thanks everyone!

By proclamation of Sallye the Lionfish Killer there will be an official Scubaboard October meet up. Date/time/location TBD

Sorry, Oct 27 is when we are in Cozumel, 9am -5pm. Our port is Puerta Maya. It looks like Princess is also at our port and 2 others but their at a different dock. I will talk to our group and see if we can cancel and go w Dive w Martin since their closes to our port. Thanks everyone!
6 divers 9-5? You can go with anyone you want and be fine.

6 divers 9-5? You can go with anyone you want and be fine.
Yep, no danger of missing your boat, and with 6 divers - charter your own dive boat to go when yo want, where you want, etc. Much better experience than can be had with a cruise ship picked cattle boat.

Aldora has late departures just for the cruise ships (cut and pasted from the site):
LATE DEPARTURE 2 TANK TRIPS
(average 5 hr round trip) tailor made for our CRUISE SHIP and MAINLAND DIVERS
ALDORA DIVERS
I would just charter a boat and go. They have eight to choose from:
ALDORA DIVERS
This is a great deal for five divers. (cut and pasted):
Private boat (2 tank dive) AM $445
I think we've squeezed as many as seven or eight on El Pescador before with a large group of organized peeps and their gear...
The Falicity has a head/potty and is very large for up to 12 divers (cut and pasted):
Private FALICITY (2 tank dive) AM $890

Weather and dive experience permitting you could go where ever you like anywhere on the island including the east side or hunting out of the park on a private boat.

Call the office and ask if you have special requests. For the most part, they have been really good at making good things come out great for our group(s) over the years (15+).

---------- Post added September 13th, 2015 at 07:53 AM ----------

By proclamation of Sallye the Lionfish Killer there will be an official Scubaboard October meet up. Date/time/location TBD

Still working on dive buddy Fred to make the trip down this fall. It would be great to meet every one.

Sorry, Carnival Magic diving w Sand Dollars group of 6 divers on Oct 26. I'm hoping we get our own boat especially when all of us have our own gears and have 100+ dives. This is our first cruise dive and they're afraid they will missed the boat.

We did the same thing and dove with Dive with Martin. The gear drag is about a block (I was dragging gear for 4...it kind of sucked...) but for 1, its would be easy. Our boat was waiting for us and we were underway within 10 minutes of getting to the shop. Diving was AWESOME. The price for 4 of us was almost the same as if we would have gone on a regular boat so it was money well spent. I have never dove with Sand Dollar, but after reading their reviews, I was concerned on taking my two daughters for their first blue water dives. We had our own equipment as well. I would make sure that sand dollar is not going to be a cattle boat. You lose a lot of time waiting for everyone to get in and out of the water and I believe they are set time dives.

We had plenty of time after 2 full tank dives (almost an hour each) and 45 minute or so surface interval to make it back to the cruise pier, do some shopping, have a few drinks, and were back on our balcony in time to enjoy watching the drunk run of people trying to get back to the boat. Have a Guys burger for me on the boat, and drink several Bohemia Obscuras on the island if you get a chance.

Have fun,
Jay

Woo Hoo!!! Me and Mrs. jayfarmlaw are in for oct.31-nov 5. My evenings will be spent at The Thirsty Cougar drinking Bohmia Obscura's at a slow, but deliberate, pace!! Then To Guidos for scallops. We will either go with blue Magic or Blue XTSea. I'm a fan of Blue Magic, but willing to support those that support this sight within a few dollars. May check out Aldora as well. The steel 120's would be nice! See yall there!Jay

CoasterFreak, Oct 27 - Nov 1 at the Iberostar, still deciding on dive shop.

First time ever travelling to just Cozumel - dove two tank with Sand Dollar from a cruise 3 years ago. So looking forward to it! Reached out to ScubaWithAlison based on the posts here, impressed so far. Now just to decide how many dive days versus other activities. Life can be SOOOO hard some times :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom