October MegaDive preplanning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who wants Mania's phone number? I can be bought if the rum, erh, uh, price is right! :D :D

I really don't know anyone on here but I might tag along to this "MegaDive" thing. I'm still fairly new to the diving thing so maybe I can pick up a few pointers from the diving gurus in attendance. I'm trying to plan out a camping trip to a different dive site each weekend in the fall since its my last year down in Daytona Beach, so this would fit in perfectly. One question - What is a 'galaxy dive' ?

Will

Shouden:
I could be completely off on the galaxy dive thing..but I think it's when all the lights are off and it's dark and someone cuts open a glowstick underwater and lets all the glowy stuff out.

Well..if that's not a galaxy dive, it still sounds neat. :)

Dat dar be a galaxy dive...... In the ballroom at night.

HighDimension:
I really don't know anyone on here but I might tag along to this "MegaDive" thing.

Will

If you attend just one MegaDive, you will never be able to say that again. You might be emotionally scarred forever, but hey, them's the breaks.:D

And there are ALWAYS plenty of dive buddies to go around. And if you still have trouble finding a buddy to dive with, look me up, and I would be happy to dive with you.

As far as a cleanup dive, I would like to do another one, but I am just way too busy to set one up at present. I am sure that the river could use it by now, though.

mania:
I'm landing in Miami Oct. 18th. So Friday 19th I could drive up to Ginnie.....

So would you want to start diving Friday evening, or Saturday? That would decide just exactly when I would drive up myself.

HighDimension:
What is a 'galaxy dive' ?
Will

Will,
By definition, a "Galaxy Dive" is a night/group/cavern dive
where ALL lights are OFF, and some idiot (thatid be me)
wedges himself in front of the grate and forcefully releases
enough glow stick material to effectively fill Ginnie Springs "Ballroom".

Not to worry about the safety issues as we do a head count in/out.
And several divers familiar with the site stay in
until all others have exited and perform
a complete search of the whole cavern.

Mostly to be sure that we didn't have any
extra divers(not part of our group) enter
during the dive & offset our head count.

Many people have comented as to it being
one of the neatest dives they've been on.

This is a must do dive!

Hope to see/meet you there.

Scubafool--what all needs to be done to setup a cleanup dive? Tell me and time and a place and I'll glue pipes together for a few hours so you can do it :) I actually know how to cut and glue PVC well, when building air spudguns designed for a few hundred PSI, you want to trust your work :)

And if I mess it up, I'll blame it on another worker or something.

Scuba_Jenny:
AWwwhhhh.. you learned to like those big gassguzzling American cars, eh?:)
You liked it as well. And let me remind you - all 3 of us were able to fit in with all the gear and bags for the Invasion. Which would not work with your car
:rofl3:
scubafool:
So would you want to start diving Friday evening, or Saturday? That would decide just exactly when I would drive up myself.
Saturday rather. Don't forget the jetlag and driving 7 hours - it would not be clever to go diving. Plus I'm of course (if they will accept me) staying overnight at Andy's place
:wink:
maybe i will be able to drag him with me on Saturday?

Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom