October MegaDive preplanning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megadive is open to anyone and everyone. The idea is usually, bring something cooked preferably, but grillable is usually ok. THIS Megadive, however, I plan on being in the water more than at the grill. The Columbian River Otter Brigade has some photos that will be released to the media if I don't get at least 3 dives in that weekend. So,... need more time in the water.
SPEAKING OF WHICH...
ANDY, you need 73 dives that weekend! The letter said something about a buttercup photo?! (Fully functional what?!?) Not sure I want to know!

Yes, I WAS at the council meeting about the megadive. I was in costume as a topiary. Oh, and those of you who peed in the potted plant during the meeting... VERY FUNNY!!!

Megadive has been moved forward in October due to the events in the latter part of the month. The site for Ginnie is www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com
It has their dive and camp fees, directions, (we usually snag the entire Turkey Loop camp area next to Devil's Eye), and maps of the site. I also usually try to arrange a group discount as there are quite a few of us and this is an international forum, and event. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.

Beano, we'll find a way to get you here if we have to hook sheep to a radio flyer! On Dasher, on Dancer, on Buttercup,... What? Who?

On anyone needing to borrow gear, there are lots of people who bring extra stuff. I'm sure we can piece together something. If all else fails, Ginnie does have rental gear for what we don't bring. (Or break)

Jenny, in your schedule, you forgot to mention the trebuchet assaults on tubers n yakkers. That's usually an all day event Saturday!
(or until the game warden shows up)

JahJah,... "You'd miss it for getting married?" Something I'm missing?

Mania... if I had a choice, I'd pick DEMA. (fewer blackmail photos)
Then again, I have some great ones of people at Megadive that may eventually put my kids through college!

We now return you to your regualrly scheduled chaos, currently in progress...

Er , don't worry.
I BETTER HAVE my car back by then.
Unless you can get TWO radio Flyers together (one for me and one for my gear).

Mania:
If you show up , you are DEFINATELY getting taken on a cave dive!
I can show you the places Rick DIDN'T show you ... :D
We can get Da Fool and Andy to put the reels in ... :rofl3:
(Let em have a z-knife fight down by the sign while the line flows around their fighting bodies) (ERP)

Da Bean of da Jean

P.S. 888 posts ??? !!!
Wowza , I gotta go diving and get off of the Net.

[Yes, I WAS at the council meeting about the megadive. I was in costume as a topiary. Oh, and those of you who peed in the potted plant during the meeting... VERY FUNNY!!!]

I don't even know you guys that well and well the above statement is just too Freakin funny. I was lauging so hard my husband had to come check out what was so funny.

[On anyone needing to borrow gear, there are lots of people who bring extra stuff. I'm sure we can piece together something. If all else fails, Ginnie does have rental gear for what we don't bring. (Or break)]

Currently looking at some BC on ebay that are for sale. Could use some wise advice on purchasing gear that my life depends on.

Jean, I don't know if you caught my earlier post. But in the event that you didn't, if you do need a ride, let us know and we'll take care of it if you so wish.

Debi :turtle:

jeandiver:
P.S. 888 posts ??? !!!
Wowza , I gotta go diving and get off of the Net.

What, you are now down to 3 dives for every post? You should be ashamed!! I shouldn't be so jealous!!

Dreaming of wet rocks........

scubafool:
What, you are now down to 3 dives for every post? You should be ashamed!! I shouldn't be so jealous!!

Dreaming of wet rocks........

You know , you always get me :rofl3: , you know that?
Dem wet rocks are still where you left them btw :D
OH btw: They moved the GOLD line ... AGAIN ! (uffda)
(It was up on the right wall , now it's back on the floor again and NOT tied to the sign)

Da Bean

P.S. Dreaming of having all my line-reelie thingies pick-pocketed

DEEPSEAWOLF:
JahJah,... "You'd miss it for getting married?" Something I'm missing?

No, something I'm missing: females :shakehead I would trade my Conshelf's if a nice girl who I liked would go on a dozen dates...

well.....ok, I really like those conshelfs, maybe Iwouldn't. :) But I think I am having very bad luck with the ladies these days. Parents love me though, and almost any parent I know would absolutely love it if their daughter would date me. So if a girl offered to marry me and I wanted to marry her, I would consider showing up late to a megadive. But I wouldn't miss it. Infact, I'd convince her that if she loved me, we'd get marrid inthe ballroom. Immediately afterwards, as we are kissing, we'd shut off all of the lights and begin a galaxy dive. :) I mean.....that sounds wrong, doesn't it? It'd be a normal galaxy dive. Just, I might not notice the green floaty stuff....

But yes, it'll be a fun weekend. With any great luck, I'll have amassed even more diving gear by then....I'd really like to be diving with a BP/W by then, if I could find a cheap one and sell my BC :) Ever since Jenny left her's sitting ona dtable and I got to sit there and lust over it while chatting with people, I know that nothing would be more comfortable or easy to dive with than a good BP/W. I even want to move to a long hose primary!

Jah Jah talking of marriage in the ballroom and lusting after my Bp/W in a single post worries me.....:D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom