october in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take her to Punta Sur you can get there by renting a car for the day. Cost's $10 to get in, there is a lighthouse you can walk up. Snorkeling was amazing saw the biggest lobster I had ever seen, big huge fans, couple barracuda and a bunch of turtles at least 5. Afterwards go up the east side to Coconut's for lunch which is a must!

Looking questionable with Paula??

What is the word down there? Looks to hit Saturday the 16th?:depressed:

Unique Opportunity as described by the folks at Blue Angel;

Hopefully the rain will not hurt all the baby sea turtle nests that are left – if not it is something I highly recommend helping with.

IF YOU HAVE A CAR when you are here - you might take a ride to the other side mid to late afternoon - as they will be releasing baby sea turtles during this time. (we will know what time – just ask when you are here)

If you want to HELP go there - mid to late afternoon -(about 4:15 pm) - we've went so many times! BUT be prepared to get SANDY!!!

They will show You how you can help with NEST CLEANING (we call search and rescue) of baby sea turtles during this time.

We do this about 3 times a week - but they do it every day!

You may have to LOOK for them – they have a smaller dark green FORD 4 door RANGER pickup truck with ECOLOGICAL on a sign on the door - and they will dig and release turtles everyday around 6 pm

We do encourage you offer a donation or buy a t-shirt from them to help out with the program.

Here is a SPECIAL Little one we found with his brother!

Hope to SEE YOU in Cozumel!

Ah yes, did this last year, lots of fun. Great way to spend an afternoon into the sunset and a great cause. Will be doing it again this year, and I will have a car this time with a change of clothes.

We did turle rescue too. It was an awesome experience. Since diving was canceled Wednesday due to norte. Once you do it you'll be hooked too. See ya next year at the Blue Angel. Hi Connie and Tom.

Is anyone thinking about postponing their mid October trip? I have trip insurance and can easily move our Coz trip from 10/16 to November. The reason is not so much due to Paula hitting tonight but more due how it will effect the diving afterwards if it hangs around in that part of the neighborhood. I also could not help to notice all the clouds just off Nicaragua that appeared to be heading North.

Is anyone thinking about postponing their mid October trip? I have trip insurance and can easily move our Coz trip from 10/16 to November. The reason is not so much due to Paula hitting tonight but more due how it will effect the diving afterwards if it hangs around in that part of the neighborhood. I also could not help to notice all the clouds just off Nicaragua that appeared to be heading North.

We did reschedule for one week later but it was due to schedule issues and was probably unnecessary. Check with your dive operator/lodging. To see if they are up to speed. I checked in with Kay ad Greg Yesterday at Aldora to make sure they would be OK with the changes I was going to make. They told me what was going on and what they were expecting that could happen. Our flight was canceled for today, so we rescheduled. If we were more flex-able I probably would have come down on the 15th or 16th. Check with someone who's there on conditions. Not sure what's going on with that tropical wave near Nicaragua. I'd keep an eye on it to see which way it heads. With any luck it will steer clear of the island.

blue steal We will now be leaving the 20th and returning on the 25th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom