Octo integrated inflater question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
Correct on how to resolve bc inflator free flow. Same outcome as a free flow from one of your regs mounted on an H-valve. As with any type of gear failure like that you immediately abort the dive. The added gear in a pony is worth the totally redundant system not addressed with an H-valve or reliance that your buddy is arms reach from you. I am a fan of H-valves by the way. If I had the $$ I would have an H-valve and a pony for shore dive purposes. I settle for just the pony when doing winter shore dives. My $$ is in my doubles rig.

I just don't believe in counting on my buddy and his equipment for my safety. I want everything I need right on my system.

If I am doing a deco dive I have a higher 02% in the deco bottle of course. For the shore dive scenario above I use just air with no deco intentions.

OK - not trolling, just attempting to see your rationale here:

For shore diving with doubles, you STILL have a pony bottle? And you would dive an H valve AND a pony bottle?

See, to me, that says you're hyper-interested in self redundancy. Yet, you dive with an integrated octo inflator, which screams 'shortcut.'

I just fail to understand the rationale.

Boogie711:
OK - not trolling, just attempting to see your rationale here:

For shore diving with doubles, you STILL have a pony bottle? And you would dive an H valve AND a pony bottle?

See, to me, that says you're hyper-interested in self redundancy. Yet, you dive with an integrated octo inflator, which screams 'shortcut.'

I just fail to understand the rationale.

For shore diving: I would suggest diving with a single with H-valve and pony. (Though I dive with standard single tank (no H-valve) and a pony).

For boat/tech: I dive doubles with isolator manifold and necessary deco mix slung on my right side.

rjchandler:
The only time I had to share air w/ someone using an air2 he offered me the air2 NOT his primary
If that wasn't so very sad, it would be incredibly funny. Aw screw it, THAT IS FUNNY!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom