Oct 5th Dive out of Milwaukee Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there's still a seat available, sign me up! I'll even volunteer to buddy with Carla, if she's still in need of one.

I'm assuming the usual 7:30 am for an 8:00 departure from Jerry's dock on the river?

Let me know if this is going to happen.

Steven

Juls64 once bubbled...
With the 3 in my family, MgicTwnger & NitroxBabe thats a solid 5. Laser and buddy is possible 7. I think I have a friend from my dive club too. With 8 we get the 1/2 boat discount. The boat holds up to 14, so there is room for more.

I checked today. They said they would probably be doing the Willy and the Dredge.

It might turn in to the mini-version of the Chicago Dive Party. Where is Jepuskar?

Juls

Unfortunately I'm out. I'm on call this weekend so I can't stray too far from home. Hopefully next time!

We've got a solid 6 and 2 maybes. Yes, it is the 8:00am dive, be there by 7:30.

Julie

Here's what I know so far-

The Len-Der (Milwaukee) Sun Oct 5th at 8:00 am (be there by 7:30)

Divers:

ReefRaff
MgicTwnger
NitroxBabe
jreihl
Diverjed
Juls64, husband & son

Cost should be $60 ea since we have 8 divers (It will be $80 if we have less than 8).

I called today, and they have us on the book for Sunday. I was told to call Saturday to confirm the dive in case of bad weather. I guess they cancelled today (Wed) due to poor conditions.

We will be diving the Prins Whilhelm & Dredge #6. Some of the divers are new, so its probably best to stay with these 2 wrecks. It can be discussed the day of the dive however.

I will send a pm to everyone with directions, my cell #, the cell # for the boat etc, on Thurs or Fri. Any questions or additional info required, just ask!

Julie

Thanks again Julie for puting together a great trip. I really enjoyed diving with all of you. We all survived the cold (for the most part). Lunch at Slim's hit the spot.

Happy diving and see you all at the quarrys.

Go Cubbies.

It was really nice getting to meet everyone. While I think I discovered what my max. tolerance for diving wet is, I had a very enjoyable time.

I will be happy to go out again to Lake Michigan, next SUMMER!

See some of you at Pumpkin Carving,

Julie

Two nice dives with a nice group - not at all a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It was nice to see some old faces and to meet some new ones. Thanks, Julie, for putting this together.

Too bad about that 39F water, though. At least the vis was pretty good and the Jerry had the heater set to "melt pants" warm, providing a place to semi-warm up.

Oh, well, the Bears won, the Cubs won, that's two miracles in one day. Warm water may just have to wait till next year.

Speaking of which, see everyone in the Spring, if not sooner. Think OWU, think picnic at one of the local quarries, think SCUBA!

Steven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom