Oceanlog 2.1.8 SAC calculation problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug sent me 2.2.3 to test it is much better but still not ready I have spoken with him and sent him a bug report. They are hard at work on the issues. The beta 2.2.3 still had the issue with the gear section not retaining the weight data. If they can get that working from what I experienced it will be a highly functional release.
You will still need to go through your dives and set up your cylinders for each dive but the SAC rate data seems to be retained from the old log.
Updates and changes I made to my dive, Location, gear and buddy data seemed to be retained when moving to other records or closing the program.
The changes made to Oceanlog versions later than 2.2.0 will require some editing of your past dive logs to bring them into line with the fields that were added to the software.
this includes the cylinder field, dive site, location, city, state and country. Althought this may be a PITA and time consuming to users with large logs the additions and changes will make for a more precise log. Aside from some of the third party packages that require much more work and customization, Oceanlog may end up being a very complete and functional product.

Here is what I did:

Operating System - Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1

Uninstalled old version of Oceanlog

Install 2.2.3

Entered Personal Info

Connected DataMask and downloaded settings (no dives on mask so there are no dives to download)

Entered Dive #1 Manually

Clicked on Location and a pop up asked if I wanted to save. I answered Yes. The information I just entered was cleared except for the Cylinder type. The Time In and the Time Out changed to the current time.

To make absolutely sure I did what I thought I did, I clicked on Dive under Dive Log, clicked the red plus, chose Manual Entry Dive and entered new dive data. I used a different date and time from the first dive I entered. I clicked on Location, the pop up asked me if I wanted to save and I said Yes. Again all the data was cleared just like the first time except this time the Average Depth info was kept.

I didn't go any further.

I hope I'm doing something to cause this and someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom