oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say that it depends on what type of diving you are doing. if you are doing moderate to fairly deep stuff your in good shape. You'll find that the piston first stage will only begin to give you a little resistance at about 110+ ft. but the swivelwill come in handy. As far as the second stage goes i have never used one but they are the lightest in the oceanic line-up and work on the same system as the high performance delta 3 without the adjustments...

rescuediver009 once bubbled...
You'll find that the piston first stage will only begin to give you a little resistance at about 110+ ft.

Why do you say that???

The PX-2 is a balanced piston design. Its a high performance first stage. I dont see why you would get any kind of resistance at 110 ft...

I currently have a Delta 3 as one of my second stages on the Oceanic diaphragm first. I do not like it. It is very difficult to get it to breathe easily without a bunch of positive pressure. The Delta 2 breathed more naturally.

reubencahn once bubbled...
I currently have a Delta 3 as one of my second stages on the Oceanic diaphragm first. I do not like it. It is very difficult to get it to breathe easily without a bunch of positive pressure. The Delta 2 breathed more naturally.

My experience is the opposite. I have the Delta 3 with the DX4 diaphragm 1st stage and it breathes wonderfully. I've never had a problem with it.

Diverlady

Thanks, i heard its a good reg for the price. I was looking at the sherwood oasis but that reg has a air bleed and that would drive me up the wall. I really think i'm going with an apex. This is my first reg, its tough choice.

Me and my wife both have gt w/px2. We love them. I got them at divers outlet in Orlando . I was looking for my wife a new reg before we went on a cruise and they had them on sale for 149.00 so i got 2 of them. Since my pacer wasnt serviceable anymore. We did 2 dives at Grand Cayman and 2 at Cozumel. They worked great. Very small 2nd stage and easy to breathe. Plus they have lifetime parts like scubapro. Max depth was 96 ft.

Jason

Check what temps you'll be using it in. I'm by no means an expert but I have read and heard that piston 1st stages can have problems in really cold water. I don't know if the one you're looking at would have this problem.

Just something to look into. Perhaps someone with experience in this area can jump in here.

Diverlady

I dive mostly in florida, not much of a cold water diver. 60 degrees should be the coldest. Diverlady, july28? me july 26, LEO.

Yepper! I'm a LEO!!

:jag: and I have the blonde mane too. :D

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom