Question Oceanic zeta purge cover replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubateacher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
good day I need to replace the zeta purge cover. the shops are telling me that the purge cover are not being made any more. Is there another Oceanic models that will fit? I would hate to throwaway a working 2nd stage because of a purge cover. Looking at all the different models oceanic makes I am hoping that one of there other models will matches up.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

You can still find the purge cover (Part number: 5503.07). For example a Swiss shop has them for sale. If you are not picky, you may also have luck searching for the yellow cover (5503.18).
Gearupguide would be another that has them for sale.

I'm sure with a bit of googling you will find a shop that sells these and can ship to you conveniently.

There seems to be a blueprint as well, if you can find someone that can print this for you.

Attached is the schematic.

Attachments

• ZETA - Service Manual (2002).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
  • ZETA - Schematics (2002).pdf
    663.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks now I have some place to start.

what I don't understand is how come that instead of asking for our pardon and replace those covers for free , they also don't make replacement for crap parts to be paid for... it's unbelievable how this cover deteriorate just from sitting in the closet.

Back
Top Bottom