Oceanic vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok question on the Geo because I haven't been able to find the answer yet. Are the individual algos adjustable for conservatism? Or is it just a matter of "cold and murky =PZ+, warm and clear = DSAT"? I'm starting to wonder if I'm overthinking this.
There are 4 possible algorithm choices, in order from most liberal to most conservative, DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservative factor, PZ+ with conservative factor. I would imagine there's something for everyone in that range.

There are 4 possible algorithm choices, in order from most liberal to most conservative, DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservative factor, PZ+ with conservative factor. I would imagine there's something for everyone in that range.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation! Just put my order in for one. Looks like they are a bit short on production currently. The first few places I checked had the Geos and Veos out of stock.

It seem like there's a lot of love for the Geo. You ever feel limited by it's ndl's compared to other divers?

I would be really surprised if there is anyone, anywhere, who would answer yes to that question.

I started with (and still have) an Atom 3.0. It's basically the Geo with AI. I have always used it with DSAT and no conservatism. I have been limited by my NDL (versus my gas) many times, but I have never been limited to a shorter dive than any buddy I've ever dived with because of the NDL my Atom was giving me.

Thanks guys for reaffirming my decision! I had ordered online from a shop that looked like it had it, but it ended up on backorder with the dive store saying no oceanic until June-ish. After some digging and phone calls I finally found a little place in California that had a couple of geos. Just got it in today and I'm pretty happy with it. The interface seems pretty easy and the digital manual worked well. Time to get it in the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom