Oceanic Veo 2.0 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vuk Milicevic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just purchased this bad boy as my first computer. Obviously could have gone with something more high end but seeing as I'm looking to dive for recreation a few times a year, I felt this was a good starter. If anyone wants to share their experience with the computer, some pros and cons and things to look out for (like nifty features) it'd be most appreciated.

hopefully it lasts a long time for you. iirc the veo 2 only has one button which will be somewhat annoying to work with.

hopefully it lasts a long time for you. iirc the veo 2 only has one button which will be somewhat annoying to work with.
Incorrect, the Veo 2 is a two button, single gas computer running dual algorithm, both DSAT and PZ+. The identical Aqua Lung i300, also manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems, runs only the more conservative PZ+. It is a perfectly good 1st computer, better than many. Many features can be activated or deactivated as desired, audible alarm, deep stop, max depth, elapsed dive time... Download cable is an option for computer download, firmware update.

The online training is well worth it. They are a little intimidating at first, the training helps quite a bit.

If you do buy a cable make sure you get the correct version. There are two different versions that look the same. I had to send one back. The correct model is kind of buried on Oceanic's website. The cable I bought that worked was branded as Aeris.

Wrist boots are available for it and they are not that expensive.

One thing I have discovered, read on here, is that a lot of divers find other divers constant alarms going off annoying. If you set audible alarms, know what they are for and silence them as soon as possible. I am sure I annoyed quite a few divers until I got the message.

I have a dozen or so dives on mine. I like it well enough. It has more capabilities than I am using. That said, as a data geek, I enjoy downloading the dive profiles. Because we trained with the i300, the move to the Veo was easy. I pair it with subsurface and have been pleased with the graphing, etc. As with Streydog, I did not find the purchasing of an data cable to be very straight forward. Everyone seems to put the wrong picture with the correct item or visa-versa. As an example the picture in the link below doesn't actually match the cable I received. This oddity was not isolated with Amazon. It seemed to be a curse for all of the resellers/vendors I visited.

Also note that the orientation of the plug seemed backwards to me. I was hesitant to flip over the cable for fear of shorting something out. Not to worry. Plug it into the Veo one way. If your dive log software doesn't recognize it, simply flip the cable going into the Veo and try again.

Not an endorsement of Amazon, just the link from my order: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00538ER76/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom