Oceanic transmitter repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve got an AI transmitter from a old atom 3 computer that isn’t working anymore. Does anybody know if oceanic still “repairs” them for 150$.

When you say isn’t working, what do you mean? If you dig around, there’s a thread on here about shorting it such that it resets itself. I have done this to two of them but it depends on why it’s failing/failed. Do at your own risk, etc etc.

It’s not pairing with several computers we tried. New batteries, tank has pressure. Opened up the unit, no water intrusion. I can’t find the troubleshooting post.

I’ll dig around and see if I can find it. You can use a paper clip to touch the positive and negative terminals (wall vs bottom).
1) remove cap
2) remove battery
3) use paper clip to touch wall of transmitter gold strip to the bottom of the transmitter
4) battery and cap back on
5) try again

If the transmitter is shot, I would find little downside in doing the above myself, but not looking for liability if something happens to yours.

Possibilities. Worst case, as of a year ago, Huish was replacing transmitters in the ~$120 range.

Are you sure the right code put in the receiver sometimes the number get hard to read.
I record my transmitter numbers on a scuba equipment spreadsheet. The transmitters do get pretty beat up after many years of use.

A friend in Florida sent in an old Oceanic transmitter for which the serial number could not be determined. He was sent a new transmitter for the $120 service fee. This was after the Huish acquisition of Oceanic Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom