MH8A (PPS) Transmitter stopped working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It was a few years old....stopped during a dive.
Tried new batteries, cleaning contacts, etc.
Nothing.
Any suggestions?

Did you try syncing it to a different computer?
Good suggestion.
Yes I did, unfortunately. Should have mentioned that. Thanks.
Also, one of the computers checks for the transmitter battery voltage, but it shows "not available" so there is no transmission coming from the transmitter that the computer can see.
The two computers being used are a Teric and an OC1.

One more dumb question:

Is it pressurized when you are trying to sync it?

If it is an Oceanic, they will replace it for $120 Support » Service If it is another brand, I don't know. I replaced a transmitter when it died after 7 years, I found it a good deal.
Yeah, that's a good deal. How do I know if it is an Oceanic? They all look alike....

One more dumb question:

Is it pressurized when you are trying to sync it?
Yes, and it was pressurized when it stopped working, too.

Yeah, that's a good deal. How do I know if it is an Oceanic? They all look alike....
I'm not really sure if you don't know it's origin. You could go to the Huish return portal and try the serial number, you have nothing to lose. I've had very good service from Huish, unlike others on SB.

Does not matter just sent it in. or I'm my case I just drove over to their facility and gave it to them.

Back
Top Bottom