Oceanic Rip Off Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The stinker in this tale is that after 3 year they no longer service their product. For some divers that means buy/upgrade every 50 dives. Not good for long-term business.

And what brings you to this interesting conclusion.?

I'm still stuck on the ProPlus2 not holding more than one dive in memory. My PP2 has over 30 dives in memory, and I use a 2 second sampling rate as well. I don't think you got ripped off, I think there is something wrong with the PP2 you received.

Having less memory doesn't equal holding fewer dives. The data is stored differently in the PP2 than in the PP, therefore it requires less memory to hold the same number of dives.

Also, the ProPlus2 was released in 2003, FIVE years ago. Since the ProPlus was discontinued in 2003, how did you get 3 years of service out of it?

Not sure what to tell you about my memory capability in my computer. Oceanic has just told me that is the way it is. I bought my PP in 2004 I believe. I'm assuming when I bought my PP, the store did not yet have the PP2 in yet. I don't recall. I know our dive shop still doesn't carry the Vytec DS because we have a bunch of Vytecs still in stock and would rather sell off the old stock. We will order a DS if that is what the customer wants.

So, to be honest, I consider the issue dead with Oceanic. I would send it back to them if they would give me a replacement with a Pro Plus (A DOWNGRADE) or Pro Plus 2 with memory comparable to yours, but I'm sure that will not happen. It's not worth my time to try to contact customer support unless Doug would do an exchange. However, I expect that I will have the same situation since they have told me that mine is completely normal. In that case, it is not worth either of our time.

Stay wet, have fun, and be S.A.F.E.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom