Oceanic ProPlus 4 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shabaday

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Went diving in West Palm for four dives. Better half was using a Peregrine and a Oceanic Proplus 4. Both computers were in salinity Salt or Sea setting. The Oceanic read about 10-12% deeper on each dive. It was compared to her Peregrine. My Perdix and two there Peregrine's in the dive party. I called Oceanic and Kristan was very helpful with getting me a RMA to return it for full service and calibration. Computer has 25 dives on it and was bought in January 2021. Anyone else run into the depth sensor having issues? The pressure gauge part was spot on.

Went diving in West Palm for four dives. Better half was using a Peregrine and a Oceanic Proplus 4. Both computers were in salinity Salt or Sea setting. The Oceanic read about 10-12% deeper on each dive. It was compared to her Peregrine. My Perdix and two there Peregrine's in the dive party. I called Oceanic and Kristan was very helpful with getting me a RMA to return it for full service and calibration. Computer has 25 dives on it and was bought in January 2021. Anyone else run into the depth sensor having issues? The pressure gauge part was spot on.
My friend i've had all kinds of issues w/ my PP-4's. I'm on my 4th replacement unit since 2020! I've dealt w/ Kristan and all of the Huishoutdoors gang, and they have been super great with my issues & replacements. But damn i want a unit thats bulletproof. Scuba Diving is kinda serious stuff. If i wasn't 59 yrs old and didn't need the all in one big bold numbers i'd go to a diff PDC. Just that i love the features & the whole console itself. I've had it glitch on my last dive trip. I feel your pain friend!!! I'm tired of sending em back. We got diving to do! Get you a cheap back up! I got the Oceanic Veo-4 for that. All divers need a backup PDC for dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom