Oceanic Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the same source I found Jim. I didn't want to post it though in fear of shutting their parts sales down just like they did to Scubatoys. Sure, Oceanic can do some searching online and probably eventually stumble upon their site but us talking about it on here will bring more attention to them selling the parts. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I just want the parts to be available to those who need them, that's all.

Try hiding the parts inside a bag of marijuana and maybe you won't get caught. Damn, do we ever have something back asswards.

Try hiding the parts inside a bag of marijuana and maybe you won't get caught. Damn, do we ever have something back asswards.

Yeah I know the whole parts situation is a little ridiculous.

Sorry but I've posted the link before.

It's not a big deal. I just figured it's probably better left in PM's than posted in case the Oceanic Nazis are reading through these parts threads.

Thanks for the help guys, Turn out I was able to source the parts localy.

Regards

Kun

I'm very disappointed in Scubatoys but I was afraid that would be the case. When Scubatoys first went WWW, they advertised that they would sell parts for any regulator they sold. So much for advertised promises.

We can't do it if the manufacturers don't allow it... We continuously try to talk those that don't allow it into changing their policies, and they go back and forth on it... We would love to, but we have always had the policy that we will not violate any manufacturers rules that we deal with. That has caused us to work with a few, and drop a few others... but we follow a "do things right and follow the rules" policy.

We can't do it if the manufacturers don't allow it... We continuously try to talk those that don't allow it into changing their policies, and they go back and forth on it... We would love to, but we have always had the policy that we will not violate any manufacturers rules that we deal with. That has caused us to work with a few, and drop a few others... but we follow a "do things right and follow the rules" policy.

When scubapro did not allow you to manage their products per your business model, you dropped the line. You used to sell Oceanic parts with no apparent problem. Doesn't it take two to agree to change the dealer's agreement?

When scubapro did not allow you to manage their products per your business model, you dropped the line. You used to sell Oceanic parts with no apparent problem. Doesn't it take two to agree to change the dealer's agreement?

Nope...

Manufacturers can change their rules any time they wish. Their policies all basically state that to be an authorized dealer, you must follow their rules, which they can change with written notice at any time... They can change a Map policy, an internet policy, a parts policy... anything they want any time they want. That is the way it is with all companies in all industries that I'm aware of... and I've been a a few.

Oceanic used to have no problem letting us sell parts... is it due to liability issues?? Stores complaining?? Not sure... I just know they have gone back and forth on this issue several times.. as have other manufactures. For a while we could sell Zeagle parts... then not.. then yes... Same thing with several different companies.

We'd love to be able to sell all of them, and we have more calls in to the powers that be that are reviewing this policy as we speak... so feel free to give a call anytime, and we'll let you know where we are in our discussions with them.

Thanks for the explanation. That knocks Oceanic down in my book quite a bit. Perhaps their regulators are somehow more dangerous than those from other manufacturers which motivated this change in their policy.:shakehead:

Nope...

Manufacturers can change their rules any time they wish. Their policies all basically state that to be an authorized dealer, you must follow their rules, which they can change with written notice at any time... They can change a Map policy, an internet policy, a parts policy... anything they want any time they want. That is the way it is with all companies in all industries that I'm aware of... and I've been a a few.

Oceanic used to have no problem letting us sell parts... is it due to liability issues?? Stores complaining?? Not sure... I just know they have gone back and forth on this issue several times.. as have other manufactures. For a while we could sell Zeagle parts... then not.. then yes... Same thing with several different companies.

We'd love to be able to sell all of them, and we have more calls in to the powers that be that are reviewing this policy as we speak... so feel free to give a call anytime, and we'll let you know where we are in our discussions with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom