Oceanic Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunundrum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi guys,

Where can I Buy oceanic parts ? My LDS does not carry Oceanic so I am SOL and prefer maintaining my own gear.

I have my spare regs and would like to get service kit for a DX4 and Alpha 7 & if possible a Enviro Kit for the DX4.

anyone know ?

Kun

Technically speaking parts from Oceanic are only available to purchase to Oceanic Certified techs, and the resale of said parts directly is grounds for removal of certification.

Self service is simply a bad idea. Im certified for gear repair and I dont do my own gear, since im find that I often do not pay as much attention when its my own gear. If your LDS does not service oceanic gear send it in to oceanic directly and they will perform the service on it.

thanks for the advice however if I can source these parts I can service my own gear and I am very detail orientated.

sending them to Oceanic is not an option since it will cost more in shipping/service/parts than the regs are worth.

thanks for the advice however if I can source these parts I can service my own gear and I am very detail orientated.

sending them to Oceanic is not an option since it will cost more in shipping/service/parts than the regs are worth.

Sell them and get some good regs like Dive Rite where part sales are supported.

Sell them and get some good regs like Dive Rite where part sales are supported.

well these are my spare regs, and I do have "good" regs Aqualung Legend LX Supreme ACD with Atomic SS1.

Now I would appreciate it if you can't help with the sourcing of the parts I am looking for to keep you comments to yourself.

I choose to service my own gear, I have been trained to do so. I need parts for an antiquated reg set that I would like to keep using as a spare set.

Thanks

Technically speaking parts from Oceanic are only available to purchase to Oceanic Certified techs, and the resale of said parts directly is grounds for removal of certification.

Self service is simply a bad idea. Im certified for gear repair and I dont do my own gear, since im find that I often do not pay as much attention when its my own gear. If your LDS does not service oceanic gear send it in to oceanic directly and they will perform the service on it.

:rofl3:

Now that I got that out of my system, try Scubatoys, they carry Oceanic. Worth a call.

You used to be able to get Oceanic parts at Scubatoys. When calling them lately they say that Oceanic has their selling of parts on hold for the time being. They say that it's weird, sometimes they're allowed to sell the parts, and other times they're not. I got my parts from them when I serviced my regs for the first time. Since then I have asked my LDS if they would sell me parts. They were hesitant, but after talking to them and proving to them I know what I am talking about and have the capacity to service my own regs (and have done so previously) they agreed that when I need parts they would sell them to me. I have serviced the DX4, FDX10, Delta 3 and 4, and Alpha 7 and 8. After the first time on the first stage and second stage, the subsequent ones were very easy. If you have all of the required tools (IP guage, ultrasonic cleaner, christolube, any reg-specific tools, etc), the service manual, and are a detailed, mechanically-inclined person, you should have no problem servicing your regs. As far as parts, I guess your best bet is to try to find a local shop that will sell them. I did find another place that sells them online. If you PM me I can give you the link. They're not as cheap as the parts I got from Scubatoys, but they are the part kits no less.

Here ya go. And for the record Oceanic will sell parts directly to shops(Oceanic shops- I teach thru an AERIS dealer and he can't get Oceanic kits, BTW the Aeris AT400 is the cdx5 with a different label)- not techs. I'm an Oceanic tech and could never buy parts directly. I'll be ordering some stuff from the noted link to get me thru a couple more services. If they have not changed their policy by then I may be looking at a brand that will sell direct to me even if I have to take a course. I only want to do my own regs I should be allowed to since I'm trained to do it. I love the brand and recommend it often but I will not go into a shop and pay someone to do what I can. I've got the tools, manuals, and training. Let me do my own service- I know it will be done right. I do not cut corners.

http://www.diversdiscountflorida.com/viewprod.cfm?&DID=1&CATID=72&objectgroup_ID=395

That's the same source I found Jim. I didn't want to post it though in fear of shutting their parts sales down just like they did to Scubatoys. Sure, Oceanic can do some searching online and probably eventually stumble upon their site but us talking about it on here will bring more attention to them selling the parts. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I just want the parts to be available to those who need them, that's all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom