Oceanic or Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toecutter

Reaction score
I am looking at the Oceanic Delta3/CDX5 and the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe. I would like to gather some opinions on which is the better reg. I plan on taking the one I choose down to 180' in a deep diving course in May. My instructor reps Oceanic so his choice is obvious but I like the reviews of the Zeagle.

Thanks.

Toecutter:
I am looking at the Oceanic Delta3/CDX5 and the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe. I would like to gather some opinions on which is the better reg. I plan on taking the one I choose down to 180' in a deep diving course in May. My instructor reps Oceanic so his choice is obvious but I like the reviews of the Zeagle.

Thanks.

Toecutter you made mention that you are leaning towards Cave diving in the future. If so look at what kind of regs and equipment the cavers are using. I know there are lots of choices out there , but specfic applications will start narrowing the choices down.
Buy a piece of equipment that can grow as your diving needs change. e.g backplate & wings, tanks that are good for single or doubles ect. ect. I hate finding out that I need to buy to replace a piece of equipment that I already own because there is a better mouse trap.(thank god for Ebay)

Good luck and do your homework on your purchases.

I agree that you should get something that will grow with you. If you are considering the zeagle, because of your location I would recommend another first stage such as the DSV or 50D which both have the environmental seal. Because you are near salt I assume you are going to dive in it. This would put the zeagle right on par with the CDX and its env. kit. Both great regs. Parts for life. Excellent performance. The Zeagle works on an interesting conical sealing mechanism in the first stage that seems to be well designed. No problem with the oceanic either though. They claim that once the resistance is set you don't have to touch it no matter what happens to your depth...

Back
Top Bottom