oceanic oc1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had an OC1 for a little over a year now and have over 250 dives on it. It has never had a problem other then recently needing a battery. It has an easy to navigate menu and is easy to read underwater both day and night. I have used the gas switching function with a second transmitter a few times with no problems at all. I have owned Aeris (same parent company), Uwetec and other oceanic computers (geo, geo 2 and used an Atom) and the OC1 has been my favorite so far for ease of use and information retreival.

I would have to say that for the daily rec diver the OC1 is a great choice, but a little pricy for the intermittent user. You can get almost the same functionality in the Atom for half the price and if you can do without the air integrated aspect of the OC1 or Atom, my kids (10 & 12) have the Geo 2 and they work very well for them for way less $ then the OC1. The Geo 2 is also capable of 2 tank gas switching. So I use it as a back-up from time to time.

But the bottom line for me is... untill somthing else really wows me you will not be able to pry my OC1 off my wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom