Oceanic GT3 Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just serviced my GT3 (one of about 6). What did I find, gee the service tech before me lost the thrust washer before the lever. Did they replace it, no, just assemble it and they figure the user will never realise. This is why I went and did a Dive Technician course. This sucks that supposed Dive Technicians do a supposed quality job and do this. Hence my reasoning to complete a Dive Technician Course. I pay for quality and get crap. This is what I hate about the industry. Scammers. Do I have to do everything myself to ensure quality. Is this the way the world is going? The fool consumer will never realise?

Just serviced my GT3 (one of about 6). What did I find, gee the service tech before me lost the thrust washer before the lever. Did they replace it, no, just assemble it and they figure the user will never realise. This is why I went and did a Dive Technician course. This sucks that supposed Dive Technicians do a supposed quality job and do this. Hence my reasoning to complete a Dive Technician Course. I pay for quality and get crap. This is what I hate about the industry. Scammers. Do I have to do everything myself to ensure quality. Is this the way the world is going? The fool consumer will never realise?

On the plus side, that does mean he opened it up and didn't just wipe it down with Armour All.:shakehead:

Scuba has so many opportunities for scammers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom