Oceanic Excursion WARNING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzydvl33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently had my Oceanic Excursion BC spring a leak. I was able to fix it with a little aquaseal but found the real issue when I went to put it back together.

Issue: The D-ring and the clips for the bungee are what caused the leak. I'm not sure if it got caught between the bench and and the tank on the dive boat, or if the clip got pushed/rubbed through the bladder during transport.

Action plan: First contact Oceanic and see what they say. Then, depending on what they say, I plan on removing the D-ring, by opening it up, removing both the clips, feed the bungee through the D-ring holder and tying the ends of the bungee together. This will remove hard spots and should prevent this from happening again.

I will post pics of the repair after I speak with Oceanic on Monday. If you have one of these BCs you might want to check/modify/beware of this.
More to come.
20201024_093307.jpg 20201024_093212.jpg 20201024_093147.jpg

Good to know. I was planning on getting one in the spring.

Just a little food for thought... I've had mine for a couple years now. As far as fit and function it is fantastic. Very comfortable, tons of lift, good D-ring placement and a couple nice size pockets. BUUUUUT I would not recommend it due to the fact that there is no way to replace anything. Luckily the holes i got were small so I was able to patch it otherwise it would have ended up in the trash. There are better, more serviceable options out there. Where you can replace the bladder and other pieces.

I sold mine after a year, I always felt it was one small incident from destruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom