Oceanic Datamask. The real thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator:
The price is abit high, but what do you expect.

elim

Compared to what? There really is no technology to compare it to. Besides, when was the last time you paid MSRP on an oceanic product?

I just have a hard time justifying that much for a mask/comp that does not do more gas mixes. I can see it for rich recreation divers who want the latest gimmick. But I'm starting into tech and for 1500 bucks I could get a nice vr3, emc20, nitekx, or hs explorer for about the same and even less that would be more versatile and useful.

Compared to what? There really is no technology to compare it to. Besides, when was the last time you paid MSRP on an oceanic product?

What do you mean by that? In SoCal, I'm having a hard time finding someone who will sell data mask for anything less than MSRP (me not being a dive master, instructor, or shop staff).

Thanks,
Shawn

I love my Datamask. I can make my entire dive without looking for my computer. Since I almost always have a camera rig in my hands, not having to fumble for a computer is a HUGE plus.

It cuts down on my field of vision some, so I don't wear it when working with students. I would love to see one with a clear skirt as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom