Oceanic Datamask. The real thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess my wife and I are the 5% it does not fit as we could not see the last line.

Thnx I might give it a try after I pay off the trim tabs i just had installed on my boat

$1500.00 is to much cash to drop for a mask. I'm sorry but it seems a bit outrageous to me. I wont be getting one but cudos to those of you who do. I still ask why cant a conpany make a HUD that can be adopted to fit already available masks including, or specifically for, FFMs. Its a great idea that oceanic has but I dunno.

dk2943:
I actually liked the concept a lot. I never even had to think about finding my computer or even looking at my wrist. It quickly became almost second nature, and the info was always right there. The mask was not heavy, as I thought it might be, and it fit comfortably.

Two reasons why I would hesitate before buying one now. One is that it is supposed to cost about $1,500.00. The other is that I prefer to buy 2nd or 3rd generation electronics on a new device. That said, if I was going to go out and buy a new VT3 or something like that, this would get very strong consideration

I thought the mask was quite heavy. But then I didn't get a chance to try it in the water
Thats right abt $1500 and for one gas nitrox computer.
I'll put that right up there with the Apex Status regs, and the ACD or what ever they call it on the Oceanic and Aqualung first stages to keep water from getting into first stage if you happen to dunk it w/o having dust cap or tank connected.
Nice toy, but do I need it??

fppf:
Guess my wife and I are the 5% it does not fit as we could not see the last line.

While we have less than 1% of users reporting that they are unable to see the complete display, our demo has demonstrated that a large number are reporting that the display is positioned low. We have the ability in manufacturing to adjust this, and have done so on current demo units. There is a bit more adjustment available should it be needed, depending on the results that we see.

Doug
Thanks for the comments, its nice to see oceanic is pushing the limits.
I think your on the right track. However I don't think having a set position will work for the masses. I can see a real need to have an easy way for the user to make small adjustments to the location of the display location. Maybe a small jack screw setup??
It would also be a huge plus if you could make the mask clear instead of black.

Keep up the good work we love our atom 2.0.
Oceanlog needs help though.

The Uwatec Smart Tec costs $1,577. list price. A D9 with transmitter is $1,779. Oceanics Data Mask list cost of $1,499 is not that far out of line of the high end wrist mounted computers. It will have it's place in diving. Welcome changes in equipment. This one may not be for you, but the next innovation may be just the ticket. :14:

It would be nice to have a universal bolt on unit that could be retrofitted to any mask. Fit under the lower right outside of a mask with a small LCD in front of the bottom lense. Essentially an existing wireless computer with a modified case and LCD.

I had a chance to try a demo unit at the recent ADEX in Bangkok. I found the view out of the mask severely compromised because of the computer display mounted at the lower right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom