Oceanic Data Plus 2 in gauge mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can you voluntarily put it in gauge mode, or does it only "go" there in a violation...I am using it less and less as a computer...

Ken

I have the Oceanic data plus which I don't think is quite the same as yours. I checked the manual and it will only go to gauge mode when in violation. db

Let me see if I've got this straight ----- you have a Data Plus 2 computer. You have been using this Data Plus 2 computer. And now you are posting on the internet asking for information on how it works since "you are using it less and less as a computer".

I guess computers DO rot yer brain.

Charlie

p.s. The answer is that no, you can't set it to gauge mode, but if you violate the computer it will go to the gauge mode and stay in that mode for the next 24 hours. It will continue to provide Max Depth, Current Depth, and Elapsed Dive Time on any other dive you chose to make, and the 24 hour countdown out of gauge mode will restart. The only disadvantage of using the Data Plus 2 over a normal bottom timer is that during the dive, all of the N2 and O2 bargraph segments will be flashing away at you.

I use an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 and it can be set for gauge mode manually using the 2nd menu area.

I looked on the oceanic website and I can't find any mention of a "Data Plus 2"...... only the data plus, data tran plus and datamax plus...... the only one with a "2" on the end is the pro plus (and the versa pro 2.0)

I think Oceanic should have put more thought into naming their products so they arent so easily confused....I had a heck of a time figuring out which one I wanted when I was shopping for mine.:confused:

BrianM once bubbled...
I looked on the oceanic website and I can't find any mention of a "Data Plus 2"...... only the data plus, data tran plus and datamax plus...... the only one with a "2" on the end is the pro plus (and the versa pro 2.0) .:confused:
You can still find the manual for the DataPlus 2 in the "support" section of the Oceanic website.

The old "hockey puck" non-AI nitrox computer is the 1 button Data Plus. Oceanic redesigned in the same form factor with 2 buttons and called it the Data Plus 2.

Since then, Oceanic brought out another non-air integrated line (Versa??), but larger size that wouldn't fit in consoles as a replacement for analog depth gauges. After realizing their mistake, they came out with yet another line (Veo??), that fit in the old form factor.

(I may have Versa and Veo swapped around.)

The Versa Pro and Veo 200 nitrox computers do have a gauge mode, but the bottom-of-the-line air-only Veo 100 and Versa don't.

All of the computers use the same basic dissolved gas model, using the DSAT/Spencer M-values. There are some minor tweaks on allowable ascent rates in the different models.

Hopefully, this post reduces, rather than increases the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom