Oceanic Pro Plus X Gauge Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fatherandsondiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

I am on a 15 day dive trip and on day one, my divemaster accidentally placed my computer into gauge mode (and not normal mode) before the dive. Is there a way to rest the unit and get it into normal mode? This happened to me a few years ago and it took me not diving for either 24 or 48 hours to get the dive to permit me to switch modes. Is there a way around this? Perhaps a device rest function?

I am on a 15 day dive trip and on day one, my divemaster accidentally placed my computer into gauge mode (and not normal mode) before the dive. Is there a way to rest the unit and get it into normal mode? This happened to me a few years ago and it took me not diving for either 24 or 48 hours to get the dive to permit me to switch modes. Is there a way around this? Perhaps a device rest function?
Since you dove it, probably not. (No PPX experience, but did have a PP2 and have a couple other Oceanics). Likely need to wait the 24 or 48 hours. Since it was in gauge mode, it was not tracking anything, so switching to scuba mode could be risky as it has no idea what your previous dives were. Likely tables for the time being.

Bigger question, though is why was the DM touching your computer? And why didn’t you confirm the mode prior to splashing after someone messed with your computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom