Ocean Rover SOLD????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was posted on Wetpixel as a press release from owner of Ocean Rover.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OCEAN ROVER RELOCATES TO INDONESIA JUNE 2008

Jeroen Deknatel, managing director of Fantasea Divers – Ocean Rover Cruises recently signed an agreement with dive operators from Indonesia whereby liveaboard dive vessel Ocean Rover will change ownership and relocate to Manado, North Sulawesi, effective June 2008.

Ocean Rover will complete all scheduled departures from Phuket during the 2007-2008 Thailand-Myanmar season, as well as two Andaman Islands expeditions planned for March-April 2008.

From June 2008 onwards the vessel will operate under new management offering diving cruises in North Sulawesi and, commencing 2009, in Rajah Amphat.

To ensure a smooth transition all correspondence, e-mails and reservations for Ocean Rover will continue to go through the existing channels until the new owners are ready to take over this task.

Ocean Rover will continue to be maintained to IMO standards. In fact, with the vessel now seven years old, a complete overhaul of all machinery is taking place this October.

Ocean Rover’s future owner is Austrian-born, Manado-based Roman Szalay. Inspired by legendary Austrian dive pioneer Hans Hass, Mr Szalay started snorkeling at the age of nine and has since become an accomplished underwater photographer and co-owner of several dive resorts in North Sulawesi.

The annual DEMA dive industry trade show takes place in Orlando, Florida from 31 October until 3 November. Both Jeroen Deknatel and Roman Szalay will be present in the Ocean Rover booth and they look forward to meeting all the industry professionals that supported Ocean Rover over the years.

For more information about Ocean Rover’s Indonesia cruises please visit ocean-rover.com

Having been part of Ocean Rover's crew for 7 years I would like to thank all those guests that made my job fun and VERY enjoyable during all those years.

Special thanks go to those few very special people who just kept coming back and back on the boat (some did as many as 20 or so cruises!) and who left their mark on Ocean Rover's Thai crew and myself. These few "mad" divers will be missed and I'ld like to thank them once again for all the fun we had. Remember the dugong? Remember 3 hairy frogfish all together on the sand? And three Rhinopias, flambuoyant cuttle fish, blue ring octopi and a zillion other creatures just in one single cruise? Remember these endless dives (120 minutes +) just cruising and cruising? Remember the orange and banana? Remember the shark-feeds without any sharks showing up? Remember the sharks and ray AFTER the sharkfeed showing up when all the other guests already were back on board? Remember the flying fist? And remember the very angry Italians waiting on the whaledeck? Remember the camera funeral? Remember the "crapulant" dives we had in Malaysia? Remember the wine and cheese?

Thank you-Thank you-Thank you.

I'll be stepping down from my position on October 15th this year and will try my luck somewhere else doing something completely different.
But I still hope to go diving ofcourse inbetween jobs and perhaps to dive with some of you either in Thailand, Myanmar or Indonesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom