Ocean Rover SOLD????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My information is correct. ANY boat is for sale - adding a boat to a brokers list means this : "If some donkey comes along and offers us a million dollars, we'll sell it". The Mermaid 1 is also on the same page.

This just in, from the horses mouth (manager of Mermaid liveaboards) :

(quote)

I can assure you both Mermaids are doing very well and the owners see the value of the boats and are very interested in maintaining and possibly even expanding Mermaid Liveaboards.

We have plans under development now even for the 2009-2010 season ! You can continue to promote Mermaid Liveaboards without hesitation.

Best regards

Kay Golding
Operations Manager
Mermaid Cruise

(She is not joking about them doing well. Getting a spot on these boats is hard work - Mermaid 1 is about 85% full for next season already)

If a DC manager, as quoted, starts to treat boat buyers as donkeys, this business is going nowhere, as for this forum readers, I am sure that people will appreciate the mindset of some Boat operators or at least their representative... As a booking agent, please don't put these quotes on line, it is a very bad image for the whole diving industry, especially when you emphasize such a strong support for this operator.
Having said that 'Batfish', when a boat is up for sale with a major diving yacht broaker,it means it is up for sale, it is just factual information.

Aquasam - "bad image for the whole diving industry" what are you on about? The boats are listed with a broker, so all that means is that if some "rich person with lots of money" offers a price that's too good to be refused (like an over the top price) a sale might be considered, BUT any remaining commitments would be seen out first.

Oh and the donkey quote is mine, not the manager of Mermaid - that part should be clear. The quote from the Mermaid manager comes after the word (quote). When I say donkey, I mean someone who puts a value on something that is higher than the actual value, thus presenting a tempting offer. Like if someone came and offered me 250,000 Baht for my 2nd hand car I would sell it in a flash.

well all that being said as a liveaboard operator you do not just list boats with a broker on the "odd chance" that someone will offer you more than they are worth although of course someone might!!

Listing a boat for sale does not mean that the company is not doing well or have a lot of booking. For example maybe they need to offload the 30 meter boat as they have ordered a 44 m thats due for completion mid 2009.........

Personally I would take it quite seriously if I saw a boat listed for sale. I have seen many owners say "I am just testing the waters", "Don't worry", etc. Obviously as they work the sale process they want to keep booking in place and coming as a fallback. Next thing you know - the boat is sold. I am not saying anyone in this thread is deliberately misleading but this is just what I have observed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom