Ocean Rover SOLD????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear this is true. Disappointed as we had plans too, but their schedules indicate that they are continuing some/most charters. Another good boat - we hear - is Anggun but cannot verify that.

Anggun has not been operating for over a year. They went out of business very suddenly. Last time I was in Phuket it was still sitting in Chalong Bay. Ocean Rover will complete the Andaman season through May 2008. I wonder who will be operating the boat in Northern Sulawesi.

I saw the Viking in the fishing port in Phuket 2 weeks ago but with a different name. To be honest I always thought that boat was overpriced. Small bunk cabins, more than 20 guests on board and they struggled to fill the boat. Anggun was much nicer. If it starts up again in Thailand that would be good.

I saw the Viking in the fishing port in Phuket 2 weeks ago but with a different name. To be honest I always thought that boat was overpriced. Small bunk cabins, more than 20 guests on board and they struggled to fill the boat. Anggun was much nicer. If it starts up again in Thailand that would be good.
LOL. I was just curious because of past history! :D

You back with Sunrise again?

I found some photos I took at the port - Viking of the Orient is now called "Hallelujah". It had no dive deck and did not seem to be a dive boat any more.

I'll try to add a photo here.... the "Hallelujah" is sitting next to the Queen Scuba.

Queen Scuba, by the way, was looking very nice. Vic (manager) was on board when we dropped in unexpectedly. Despite all the work going on, wood and paint all over the place, the boat looked good and they have added a whole new upper deck!

Attachments

• hallelujah-queenscuba.jpg
    hallelujah-queenscuba.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
Several liveaboards have stopped activity in the last few years, here is the list:
Viking's share holders have been in troubles for the last few years and now the ownership of the boat is under dispute to the court. Anggun has been sold and was conveyed to Malaysia last month, Aquaone has been sold to Indonesia as well as Ocean Rover right now, Mermaid II is also up for sale although still operating right now. For safe and comfortable Liveaboard safaris, the choice is very limited right now: Philkade, Mermaid I, Black Manta. I don't have any feedback yet on Black Manta, Mermaid 1 is quite nice and few friends of mine went on board the Philkade and were very happy. It is worth having a look at this option

Back
Top Bottom