Occidental Allegro Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rje634

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just booked a December trip through RCI to the Allegro.
Just wondering if anyone has a report of how the repairs are going? Is the November date still on target?
Does anyone have any comments or suggestions of where within the resort we want to be?
Or if anyone just has some feedback they'd like share it would be appreciated.

Thanks....

I talked to a friend of the people working on the Allegro repairs last week. They are running behind, but it sounds like December should be OK. We were at the Occidental Grand last week, but left to dive one day from the Allegro because of rough seas. They were fixing the grass shelters on the Allegro beach and the pool was still drained.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have more questions.

DivingCRNA:
I talked to a friend of the people working on the Allegro repairs last week. They are running behind, but it sounds like December should be OK. We were at the Occidental Grand last week, but left to dive one day from the Allegro because of rough seas. They were fixing the grass shelters on the Allegro beach and the pool was still drained.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have more questions.
Thanks for the info. There had better be a pool when we get there!!!

Anybody else have any information or comments, good or bad, about the Allegro?

we dint stay there but ive seen it. its a nice hotel
we stay at the Occidental Royal Hideaway. same people that own the hotel your staying at _ there next door from eachother.
here were were going in jan 18
www.royalhideaway.com
i wrote them a email about the damages and they fix everything and the beach is back.... if you dont know about the beach getting washed away--

last jan after the (sunimy? spell check) it washed the beach down to 7tf drop off. from the hotels. i got pics if you want them. well after some time they said it would come back ad it did.

Captain CaveMan:
we dint stay there but ive seen it. its a nice hotel
we stay at the Occidental Royal Hideaway. same people that own the hotel your staying at _ there next door from eachother.
here were were going in jan 18
www.royalhideaway.com
i wrote them a email about the damages and they fix everything and the beach is back.... if you dont know about the beach getting washed away--

last jan after the (sunimy? spell check) it washed the beach down to 7tf drop off. from the hotels. i got pics if you want them. well after some time they said it would come back ad it did.

The tsunami in the Indian Ocean washed away beaches on Cozumel? I can't say that I know for sure that that didn't happen, but it seems a bit far fetched to me. Maybe I misunderstand you.

no your write, it afected the ocean. because the hotels emoloyes said that rite after the tsunami it started and only took 3 days to do it. and it took well over 6months for it to come back .. i have pics with dates.

Captain CaveMan:
no your write, it afected the ocean. because the hotels emoloyes said that rite after the tsunami it started and only took 3 days to do it. and it took well over 6months for it to come back .. i have pics with dates.

I'd like to see them; I still don't know what you are talking about. What took three days to do?

I was there in May and everything looked normal.

Dave Zimmerly:
Check out tripadvisor.com.
I did, there is some scary stuff there! That's why I posted here
to see if I could get some other info. I'm hoping the stuff on
Tripadvisor is just the people that thought it was so bad they
had to write, and the people that had no problems just didn't
bother to give feedback. That does seem to be the drawback to
Tripadvisor, most of the people that post do so from bad experiences.

Caveman, I'm glad to here there is a beach because that is one of
the main reasons we picked the Allegro..

Back
Top Bottom