Obnoxious boaters suck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re: Diver 85 post #67

Normally you wouldn't need one as you are often the only one out there, but when diving off rigs here in TX we find private fishing boats trying to jump on the same rig or wreck from time to time. A sounding of the horn and a motion to the dive flag, and most of them get the point and back off.

WOW I just dont know what to say so I guess nothing is best but I don't always do whats best so...
The sight of people being hurt is not a "wonderful sight" and I have to question anyone who thinks it is.

To me, it sounds like a yankee thing......He needs to just move further south.....:)

---------- Post added July 12th, 2013 at 06:03 PM ----------

Re: Diver 85 post #67

Normally you wouldn't need one as you are often the only one out there, but when diving off rigs here in TX we find private fishing boats trying to jump on the same rig or wreck from time to time. A sounding of the horn and a motion to the dive flag, and most of them get the point and back off.

You're right.......we never see another boat that far out------LOTSA elbow room.....

There was no problem at Lake Murray today. Trust me. We took the "legal" flag this time and were the only ones there early morning. When we popped up from our final dive.....I kid you not, there were 7 dive flags flying at Marietta's Landing. LOL. It was pretty cool....divers had taken over the area. There were 2 boats and both were out the in channel flying dive flags! Fun day.

Not excusing the proximity of the boat at all, however I doubt all the discussion here will keep the boater from making the same mistake again.

You can get the registered owner's address by doing an online search on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website. Why not mail the owner a note with a copy of the pic and explain what he did wrong. He may not care. But on the other hand, it may open his eyes to a rule he didn't know and end up saving another diver from injury or death in the future.

Unfortunately common sense s not a prerequisite for boat ownership.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Unfortunately common sense is not a prerequisite for [-]boat ownership[/-] life.

Emailing him is a good idea IMO. Dive flags typically consist of only a minuscule of a boat exam so perhaps a polite reminder will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......figure it out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom