Oahu - Open Water/Rescue Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddowling

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

Coming to visit Oahu in late April.

I'm a PADI instructor and looking for some suggestions on shore entry sites to do an open water course for my girlfriend and a rescue course for my friend who lives on the island.

Browsing some of the threads it seems like Kahe Beach Park is a good recommendation. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
David

Pt. Panic/Kakaako park is a good shore entry equipped with cement steps. Magic island is where I received my instruction. It has a nice sheltered cove which only gets to about 5 feet (good for clearing mask and familiarization). I have several friends who also do instruction. If you would like more info before you get here hit me up with a PM and I can help you out.

Kaimana beach on the south shore is a real easy entry. But it is a busy area with stand up paddle boards and kayaks. Make sure you bring the dive flag. On the north shore I suggest 3 tables or Sharks cove. Kahe aka Electric beach is also good as long as the surf is not more that 3 ft max.

Be safe

Back
Top Bottom