Oahu in April - with a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goaliemn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I'm heading to Oahu in April (7-14 to be exact) and bringing along a buddy who hasn't dove before. We're thinking of doing one of the resort courses and then if he likes it, do the full course this summer back home.

Any recommendations of places to do this? I'd like to tag along while he does the pool portion to take some pictures, then go diving together with a DM/instructor watching us. Do most of the places allow/do that?

I'd also like to get some more advanced diving in as well, and maybe have him tag along on the boat if he wants. Anyone allow that?

Thanks

All of the operators I know here will allow certified divers to come out with Intros. May be a little tougher to convince them to take your noob to a 100 foot wreck dive though.
yeah.. I'm not looking to take him with to that.. but he said he may come along and just relax on the boat if they allow that.

"noob"? wow gabe I didnt know you were a gamer. :rofl3:
dont think or i should say i would'nt think theres anyone who will take an intro beyond 40 feet.

Island Drivers have a pool, will pick up from hotel, and let friend on the boat while you dive.

If you really want a quick and dirty diving experience for your friend, why not go with one of the several 3-day courses that are offered here, then get your friend a cert card and have fun??

I'm not necessarily endorsing the 3-day quick fix cert courses, I'm just saying that they are out there.

Peace,
Greg

If you really want a quick and dirty diving experience for your friend, why not go with one of the several 3-day courses that are offered here, then get your friend a cert card and have fun??
Most that I found were significantly more expensive than the courses around here. Granted, doing them in HI instead of MN may be a bit nicer, but paying acouple hundred buck premium is a bit hard to justify.

Back
Top Bottom