O2 Tables and books...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDarknessLord

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Dr. Deco.

Could you tell me please where I can find an O2 Deco Table and good O2 books? I'm a Nitrox diver, but I have EANx table for 32% and 36%, and I would like to know a little bit more about O2 Deco in order to use O2 at 100% or 80% for my deco . I'm NSS/CDS Cave Diver, IANTD Nitrox Diver, DM PADI and MSD PADI

Thank you very much! :wink:

Your Satanic Majesty,

I hope this helps.

There are a number of sources of information on accelerated deco but my advice is to do a course, such as the BSAC's Extended Range Diver and get access to laptop/PC/palm decompression programmes such as the Hydrospace (Abyss) Explorer simulator, V Planner, Deco weenie, or even Pro-planner and play with these to get an idea of how it works with many practice profiles.

I was amazed at how much decompression is accelerated by the removal of the nitrogen offgassing counterpressure from the deco mix.

I have little experience of the other agencies teaching but I know the IANTD advanced nitrox student manual is a good reference starting point as it provides details of the NOAA limits and describes how to use high fraction oxygen safely. I am sure others can point you to better, more recent, texts. The simple rule is to avoid ppO2 of 1.4 bar for your bottom mix and 1.6 bar during deco.

I am sure there must be an agency school near you, but I fear you will need to appear in daylight to find it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom