O2 Sensor Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rigdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know who makes the sensor for the OMS analyzer? Source? Obviously OMS does not make it(other manufacturers stuff.) Just opened a new sensor and the package re-labeled by oms obviously had some sharpie markings hiding pertinent info.

Most likely, Teledyne. They're the major player in the market and just about all cells used in diving come from there.

Analytical Industries also makes cells, and some rebrand them, too. They're compatible, but I (and many others) have had lots of extremely bad luck with them in rebreather applications, although they work fine in an O2 analyzer, since they're always at a ppO2 of 1.0 or less. They're a lot cheaper, too.

Yes, I've used Teledyne and AI cells in my Inspo. AI's(two sets) worked fine for exactly one year and died.
I was looking for specifics on the OMS sensor. Have not seen a red AI or teledyne. Maybe MSA or VTI?

Does anyone know who makes the sensor for the OMS analyzer? Source? Obviously OMS does not make it(other manufacturers stuff.) Just opened a new sensor and the package re-labeled by oms obviously had some sharpie markings hiding pertinent info.

Which OMS analyzer, they've made a few models that I'm aware of.

After going through six sensors in five years on my Oxy Expedition and getting BS answers from Oxy, I went with these guys for the last sensor and so far, so good (but it's only been nine months so far).

Mainline Medical, Inc. :: Product Index :: Oxygen Sensors

The first OMS analyzer was probably a re-branded analox. The last 2 versions are the same except for the shape. I've got the one before the shape was changed to the figure 8. My sensors in these have lasted 2 years.

Tore apart/disassembled the old OMS sensor. Found a circuit board with some good info that was legible. The O2 sensor is made by City Tech LTD in the UK. It's a Divecel 3. They do have a distributor in the US. Maybe we can save a few dollars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom