ANALOX vs Vandagraph O2 Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy_W

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,
Does anyone have experience or advice between purchasing an Analox o2 Analyer compared to a Vandagraph Tek-Ox

Vandagraph
Vandagraph Oxigen Sensor R17Van+Boxa+Connector Kit Analizer Black| Diveinn

Analox
Analox O2EII Pro Analyzer Blue | Diveinn

On boat trips and in different dive centers I have often seen and used the Analox but I have never seen a Vandagraph before.. After some reading I have seen that their cells are often found in Rebreathers so I can presume that there is already a lot trust to be had in their products..

Any thoughts ?.

Cheers

but I have never seen a Vandagraph before..
Thank for posting this, I've also never heard of a Vandagraph. I'll be watching for user's comments too.

You are better off buying direct from Vandagraph. They are legit.

Hi Boltsnap,
Do you currently own one and if so what do you think of it.. I like the idea that it is sold with a hard plastic, whats looks to be waterproof, container. I would really like to know how trustworthy and durable they are.. We intend to use it almost every week in both fresh and sea water locations.

At the moment on Vandagraphs website they have a notice stating that they cannot deliver outside of the UK because of a Royal Mail attack. I can easily pick one up here in France though or from Spain.

No, I don't own one. I am commenting on Vandagraph as a legit company in general. I use it to buy O2 sensors for my O2 analyzers I own. MUCH less expensive to buy from them than to buy from others.

Ok to come back to the thread, I went ahead and bought the Vandagraph..

Just like the Analox it is very simple to use, so nothing much to say there.. Switch it on , calibate to 21%, analyze gas.... It's quite a solid piece of equipement so I am not too worried about having to handle it with velvet gloves and it does have the advantage of coming with a solid yellow pelican style container which is really very sturdy, so I am happy about that.

For the moment I have only tried it after a 32% Nitrox fill that completed a tank that previously had a 28% mix inside, the Vandagraph indicated 30.5% which would appear to be about correct considering that the tanks were already half full..

I will try and test test it on a 100% Oxy tank when I get the chance, hopefully this weekend.

It was 100 Euros cheaper than the Analox, and the box is included so I am more than happy to have saved a little, which means that I can now buy a new backplate for the difference ;-)

I own an analox and use vandagraph sensors on it.

They are much cheaper, they sell a lot of sensors compatible with other analysers:

Dos anyone have a copy of the calibration table for the Analox?

Attachments

• analox.JPG
    analox.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 29
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom