O2 Clean Tanks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I just O2 cleaned my tanks and I wanted to put O2 clean air into them (already VIP'd and verified clean) sooo...I called a local shop that is within walking distance to me (which if it means anything, I don't normally use them.)

I asked if they could put O2 clean air (the same air they use for partial pressure blending) into my tanks and they explained to me that it would render the tanks no longer O2 clean. Does this make any sense to anyone else or am I taking crazy pills?

I should have just asked for EAN21.

fishb0y:
So I just O2 cleaned my tanks and I wanted to put O2 clean air into them (already VIP'd and verified clean) sooo...I called a local shop that is within walking distance to me (which if it means anything, I don't normally use them.)

I asked if they could put O2 clean air (the same air they use for partial pressure blending) into my tanks and they explained to me that it would render the tanks no longer O2 clean. Does this make any sense to anyone else or am I taking crazy pills?

I should have just asked for EAN21.

Yeah, this is a little silly. If the air is hyperfiltered and is the same are they use to top off the tank on partial pressure fills, then the air alone into an empty cylinder is fine.

They might charge you for a NITROX fill even if you just get hyperfiltered air. I have been to dive shops that do this. I have seen some shops that have both hyperfiltered air and normal grade E air. The hyperfiltered air costs more.

If you are going to pay for a NITROX fill the I say get a NITROX fill ask for 32% or 28% or somthing, unless you really need 21%.

Best of luck,

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom