O-ring inline between hose and primary reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am replacing my stiff 23" hose with a more flexible 22" hose on my Mares MR-12 primary, but when I took the hose off I didn't see an o-ring like the one that is on the opposite end of the hose, between the hose screw-in and the 1st stage plug. I can't be sure if it was there and I lost it on my rug or if it was never there in the first place.... any repair guys know?

Also - is there any kind of recommended cleaning process for the hose ends? Should I use some kind of lubricant?

Thanks!

the reg end of the hose has an o-ring. It can be difficult to see since it is hidden by the threaded coupling but if you shine a flashlight inside there you should see it around the stem that fits inside the threaded barrel connector of the reg.

This is an important o-ring to lube before connecting your hose since it is *dynamic* and subject to wear from movement.

The O-ring for the second stage is buried a bit inside the screw-in swivel part on the hose itself. It's hard to see in there, but it's almost certainly there.

You don't need to use a lubricant on the o-ring that goes into the first stage, just make sure it's clean.

Uncle Pug:
the reg end of the hose has an o-ring. It can be difficult to see since it is hidden by the threaded coupling but if you shine a flashlight inside there you should see it around the stem that fits inside the threaded barrel connector of the reg.

I'll look for it when I get home... should I leave the threads non-lubed or should I use cristolube?

This was answered...

Out of curiosity - is there any impact to the tuning of the reg by switching out the hoses?

Don't lube the threads... and use the cristolube sparingly on the o-ring. It can be hard to lube that one... I use the end of a ziptie :D to put a little on it. You could alternately put a little around the inside of the second stage barrel.

As long as you have the cristolube out put a little on the o-ring at the first stage end of the hose. I usually use O2 compatible spit for that one.

Back
Top Bottom