NY Diver drowned yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll preface this that I've never been in that situation, but guarantee if I didn't have the gear I'd be on the phone getting some rescue dive help as soon as I suspected something was wrong.

It doesn't matter that it is only a police report of what was found when on the scene, the facts in this report are more than damning enough without going into the dive related safety precautions like the budddy system etc.......

They were going to come back the next day..........let that sink in for a while.

Dan Wright
Monika Rusenwald
John Morgan

I'll preface this that I've never been in that situation, but guarantee if I didn't have the gear I'd be on the phone getting some rescue dive help as soon as I suspected something was wrong.

It doesn't matter that it is only a police report of what was found when on the scene, the facts in this report are more than damning enough without going into the dive related safety precautions like the budddy system etc.......

They were going to come back the next day..........let that sink in for a while.

Dan Wright
Monika Rusenwald
John Morgan

I agree if you don't have the gas on hand to go rescue, call for immediate help. If you do have the gas call for emergency help and then get back in to try and rescue while waiting. and then you get the buddy thing etc.

I've just been over this thread and have no idea what you are talking about? What body from the 90s are you referencing?

It looks like this Dan guy is still diving that mine today. Dan Wright

I have talked to someone about this before. There was a girl who disappeared in the mid-90s. It's long been rumored (though one of the rumors had a psychic as the source...) that her body was in the Tilly Foster Mine. The original suspect was convicted of something else unrelated if I remember correctly and is due to get out sometime soon. There was a recent renewed focus on the mine and if I remember correctly some type of chest/case that is very deep in the mine.

Not a lot of info, but the basics - CLICK HERE

Dan Wright
Monika Rusenwald
John Morgan

It would almost make one suspect foul play, would it not?

It's kinda funny. I know Dan pretty well and I know what happened that day. Reading the vituperative comments on the board from people who have no idea what happened is truly amazing. Yes, Dan can be a blunderbuss and a bit cantankerous at times but generally he's a pretty nice guy who had no ill intention that day. Problem is that the deceased made some stupid errors and people are looking for a scapegoat. Good luck pursuing it. Going nowhere.

Problem is that the deceased made some stupid errors and people are looking for a scapegoat. Good luck pursuing it. Going nowhere.
Not calling emergency services is suspicious.

You’re all assuming the facts as reported here. Maybe the reality was different?

The facts as reported by the first responder, who was called by the GF of the deceased diver, which is a heck of a lot more than what you're suggesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom